Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

i need assistance with these lamps!!

Pages: 1 7 replies

a unch of people keep telling me these look like Oceanic Arts lamps! my friend works for a company that builds CVS'S and they knocked down an old vietnamese rest. in anaheim, and he gave me these lamps!!!! he got 2 and i got three! they are perfect as they only lived in this old building for ever! are these Oceanic Arts lamps????

A
V<
http://www.davewarshaw.com

[ Edited by: sleestak 2012-06-14 11:01 ]

Looks close to second row down, far right:

from the Orchids of Hawaii catalog

Orchids lamp thread with no old pictures

Buzzy Out!

S

that does look close!!!!! what year is this catalogue from??? and just curious what would these lamps be worth you think???

There were many people making these lamps back in the day and up until we built Taboo Cove, we bought those lamps from an old timer. I suspect they took apart the Orchids lamps and reverse engineered them?
OA sold them as did Benson's probably Sea and Jungle carried them as (I imagine) did any other place selling Polynesian goods, in Benson's case they offered hundreds of designs.

Bosko

S

thanks Bosko!!! these seem pretty legit as the insides seem to have a clear glaze on the inside of them, very clean and sturdy! what year do you think they are from???? and what would they be worth nowadays????

S

i guess the whole restaurant was filled with them and they trashed all but 5!!!! luckily my friend rescued those in time!!!

Lucky you got to save them, I dare say most of their family members are probably sitting in a land fill someplace.
How old? Again they made them from the 1960's (at least) to 2000, so your guess is as good as mine, I'd say if there are no nicotine stains on them they are probably newer, if there is alot maybe older, for the price of a lamp I'll do an official CSI Tiki investigation for you!?
Price? What ever someone will pay, I'm sure you could get 100 for them we used to resell them for $250 back in the day but then you couldn't get ANY decent lights now there are some nice lamp makers out there.

Bosko

S

thx man! yeah like i said they have been in a old school restaurant their whole lives so they have to be 60's i would assume!!! the shells are huge!!!! there are stains for sure, but i was able to get them pretty clean!!

Pages: 1 7 replies