Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Taking Tiki Collecting to a Whole New Level

Pages: 1 9 replies

When those on this board living the lifestyles of the rich and famous start collecting tiki, it's gonna suck to be you.
The fact of the matter is polynesian pop is is spreading like wildfire. There is a real ying / yang to this, you know what I mean?
Actually, I've been thinking outside of the box on this topic since interfacing with someone on an ebay auction that got totally P.O.ed because I sniped them.
She flamed me, saying the next time she sees my name on a bidder list she's gonna take it up a notch and I'll have to kiss her ass in Macy's window.
So I'm like, you go girl because you better show me the money!
Well the fact of the matter is she started bidding against me on another auction and we went back and forth, yadda yadda yadda, whatever, and she had to fork out $78 for a tiki leilani mug.
Who's your daddy now, sweetheart!
Know what I'm talking about?

Who is she so I can piss her off. I got a couple of Leilani's I would like to get rid of.

K

Well isn't that special? I guess some of us just shop on Ebay when it's conVENient. What a skank! So you should just go like, "and your little dog too!"

People have this way of taking something fun, whimsical, profitable, and historically interesting and doing everything they can to make it some sort of competitive game. I'm glad you stung her ass. People like that are the ruin of anything.

Well the fact of the matter is she started bidding against me on another auction and we went back and forth, yadda yadda yadda, whatever, and she had to fork out $78 for a tiki leilani mug.
Who's your daddy now, sweetheart!

That's a heartwarming story. You both got to feel like winners - she for beating you, you for making her pay 78 clams. Hell even if she'd only bid $75, you could have both still been winners - you for beating her, and she for making you pay $76.

Ummm....I believe that KG wrote this parody from this link in "Beyond Tiki".

C

Kailuageoff, you da man! Word. Peace out.

On 2003-06-19 11:57, SugarCaddyDaddy wrote:

Ah, a parody. It is very good, and touches me on many levels. I like it even better than the hit broadway musical CATS. Carry on.

T

Now your just being sarcastic, SH. You going to the Balto thing this Sat? If so, C U There!

The Working Man's TURBOgod

On 2003-06-19 11:57, SugarCaddyDaddy wrote:

Shame on you SCD... If not for your sense of fair play, these replies might have hit two or more pages...
But, I am digging that I got a serious response from Mr. Basement Kahuna. Okay you can pull that sliver out of your finger now BK. Just so you know, I am looking forward to seeing your carvings in Ft. Lauderdale, so please don't chisel a groove in my scalp for this little prank.
KG

<

[ Edited by: Kailuageoff on 2003-06-19 14:24 ]

Pages: 1 9 replies