Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

new Tiki Bones from The Biskit Fixer.

Pages: 1 6 replies

this piece is a large section of ox bone carved to make a big Ku pendant. i filled the hollow with bone plugs and carved it as a solid piece. it has now gone home to live in Hawaii.

I have also been working on some new Tiki knives using Ox bone scales fitted to my own blades made from combine harvester flails.

these two little Hooligans were inch high Ku beads I made for a guy in Germany.

and finaly not realy Tiki but i figured you might like to take a look at this new jade Manaia Pekapeka amulet i just finished.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look at my pieces, Im still new to this Tiki world so any helpful and constructive coments are much apreciated, Thanks fellas.

Skot, the Biskit Fixer.

:o Nice work!

C

Hi,

As before, woaw, good works, the ku pendant is well executed, did you use the end of a bone then you just had to fill one side with a bone plug, 'coz the head end seems to be natural shape?
The knives handle, therefore the knives themselves, are real cool, the beads are wicked and as for the jade manaia, maybe be not a tiki, but same cultural background, anyway, keep up with the good work.
I have one question, what do you use for the staining?
Thanks

Be Water
Christophe

[ Edited by: Cljha 2012-06-23 23:32 ]

Thanks Brother. I used the mid section of the bone and filled both ends so it was shaped like a tin can to start with. To stain the bones i use a Derwent water soluable pencil. It works in to all the spaces with a damp paint brush then pollish over it and it stays in the low spots and whipes off the high bits. I ware a string if ivory beads carved and coloured in this way and it dosent ware off or even wash off. Tho the black does mellow in time as it is replaced by natural patina of ware.

The two hooligans are my favorite - fantastic!

Cheers Atomic! Those are fun to do, i just keep a little lump of bone in my pocket and pick it over with my knife while im at work. No two ever come out the same.

B

Awesome work on the pekapeka, I Knew you could do some nice jade

Pages: 1 6 replies