Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Big Tiki Dude Given Lifetime Membership Award at HB Surf Museum

Pages: 1 33 replies

This post is after the fact for this event but that’s because it was intended to be a surprise for Jeff Big Tiki Dude which last Sunday was presented The Earl Beasley Endowment Huntington Beach International Surf Museum Lifetime Membership Award for his contribution to the museum and his many years of support of the surf music scene. This was a well deserved acknowledgement for Jeff who spends a lot of his time making sure that surf music remains alive and well in Orange County and beyond.

Hooray for Jeff!
A well deserved award.

[ Edited by: KING BUSHWICH THE 33RD 2012-06-26 00:07 ]

Big, Big Congrats Jeff!!

T

GG BTD!

H

Great news! Congratulations!!!

congrats Jeff rock on bro !!!!!!

T

Wow....that's awesome !

An award in ANYTHING is cool, but Jeff is really passionate about surf music, and I'd say this is well earned.

Congrats BTD...Naysayers be damned !

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2012-06-25 14:19 ]

Thanks everybody.
I appreciate it.

Sadly my Best friend, and another huge surf Fan Baja Marty passed away this morning
from Cancer, so this is a bitter-sweet time for me.
:(
R.I.P. Baja Marty
http://surfguitar101.com/forums/topic/18728/?page=1#p245531

Jeff(btd)

TM

Congrats Jeff! If anyone deserves this honor, it's you!

C

Way to go Jeff. Congratulations.

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your friend.

T

Congratulations Jeff! Well deserved!

Sorry to hear about Marty.

Woohoo! Congratulations Jeff! :)

We're sorry for your loss.

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2012-06-25 16:53 ]

J

Congrats Jeff.

I'm sorry to hear about Baja Marty. I remember the benefit you threw for him last Oct, how even in his weakened condition he went up to the stage to conduct the surf band. That he could have such a love for life while battling cancer was inspiring.

You are a good friend.

P

Congratulations Jeff! And my condolences to all the friends of Baja Marty.

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Jun 25, 2012 7:45 PM

Congrats Jeff!

Jeff, well deserved, keep it up!

CJ

Bad ass!

T

Congrats Big Tiki Dude! You're the Surf Music Lovin'est guy I know! A well deserved honor for you!

I barely started following the Tiki scene and I even know who you are and how passionate you are toward all things surf music. We need more people like you in the world to help advocate this great style of music. I appreciate all your postings letting everyone know about whats going on and who is playing where and your sprinkled knowledge about these great bands. Thank you for all that you do. Surfs Up Dude!!!

Jeff,
Congratulations on the surf museum award. I’m glad to see your efforts and enthusiasm recognized.

I’m truly sorry to hear about your pal Marty and would like to extend my deepest condolences to you and his family.

The first time you and I spoke was at the Tiki Farm parking lot sale in 2008. I was wearing a surf rock tee shirt which sparked a conversation about surf bands. Marty was with you and came across as a very nice guy. He gave me advice that day I never forgot.

Turn up the reverb until your ears bleed!”-Baja Marty

Classic Marty Quote,;-)

thanks for all the posts everybody.
it's been a real rough day,
up and down roller coaster of emotions and stories with friends about Marty.

Jonpaul came down after work and we shared a few toasts of Rum, to Marty.

Jeff(btd)

H

Congratulations Jeff.

Well deserved. Jeff truly is the keeper of the surf flame. If it was up to Jeff, Tiki Caliente would consist of only Surf.

Thanks for the passion of surf and helping to keep it relevant.

TM

On 2012-06-26 11:49, Wildsville man wrote:
Well deserved. Jeff truly is the keeper of the surf flame. If it was up to Jeff, Tiki Caliente would consist of only Surf.

Thanks for the passion of surf and helping to keep it relevant.

Not just surf. Jeff helps to keep the idea of real hawaiian music around too. For years, the Smokin Menehunes had a "residency" at a local huntington beach restaurant, and there was only ever a handful of tiki centralites that came...but jeff was there. Each and every time. We don't forget that kind of thing.

Congrats, Jeff. Let me know when the unveiling of the bronze bust happens. I'll fly out for the festivities! :D

I really wish that we could have made it to the Surf Museum to see him get the award.
Jeff is so important in tiki and surf music. He works hard to get people to the shows and get attention to the bands that 'matter'.

I'm very proud to call Jeff my friend.

Really sorry about Marty, Jeff. He was a good dude. I remember having beers with him while watching The Eliminators at the fairgrounds. He'll be missed.

Thanks Guys,
Spike oh yeah that was good times.

BK,
the Bronze Bust will be unveiled at the SG101 convention,
the weekend before tiki oasis.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=43235&forum=17&25

hope to see you at both events.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

TT

Congrats BTD!!!

Good on Ya' BTD!

Right on BtD! Congrats to ya man

Jeff certainly deserves this recognition...a true Champion of Surf Music...and a true friend of "Baja" Marty.

Congratulations Jeff! No one else is as passionate and selfless about promoting both the classic and promising new Surf bands. You are definitely keeping the flame alive, and you do it for the love of it all. A bittersweet honor indeed, but well deserved.

A BTD Toast to you!

Congratulations Jeff!

Kevin

Thanks Guys n Gal.

Jeff(btd)

Pages: 1 33 replies