Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Collectors - birds of a feather

Pages: 1 2 replies

Just saw this on AOL... first one can (mug), then 6000...next a vintage gas station (home bar)...where does it all end? :D

http://www.aol.com/video/youve-got-fred-stoke/517402430/?ncid=wsc-video-cards-image

T

I recently asked one of my friends who is also a collector when the collecting of mugs, statues, etc would stop. We both agreed that it might slow down at times. I do not think I could visit a new town and not explore local tiki on some level. Which would lead to souvenirs. Also, I have been hitting garage sales since I could ride a bike around the neighborhood and I could never walk away from a tiki sitting on a card table. So for me at least at some level it will never stop. Especially having a site like TC to support my hobby.

For me, collecting is therapy! I grew up in a pretty rough side of L.A., Calif. and moved around with the family, never really "settling" in anywhere, but as I started my quaint, but warmly loved collection, I found solace and peace in doing so. It's a thrill to wake up every morning, drink my java, look at my tiki "stuff" and just smile. I can truly say it's mine (sad violins playing now as I cry a tear, hehe)But seriously, it's a passion that I have and I look forward to finding something out in the "wild" any day of the week that I can. When I have doubles, or triples of tiki stuff, I want to share it with others who are trying to build their collections too. Just pretty much what I paid for it and some S&H, that's it. I don't give a damn how much it's worth-- if it can make another person who wants one of my tiki items happy, I am all for that.

Aloha Nui Loa to ALL!

Clintiki

Pages: 1 2 replies