Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Massive Tiki Collection

Pages: 1 16 replies

Aloha, I just finished uploading the Tiki collection for my website (http://www.tikisinhawaii.com to flickr, I would appreciate any comments or thoughts on this collection.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kautikis/sets/72157630305883734/

So these are all for sale?

Wow!

Since it sounds like these are for sale, you should start a topic in the Tiki Marketplace forum. Too bad shipping these things must cost a fortune.

edit: moved to Tiki Marketplace

[ Edited by: Hakalugi 2012-06-27 12:06 ]

Yep, these are all for sale, I will be adding a gallery of all of the smaller carvings that were ALL done by hand. Their is only one hand carved larger Tiki and it is a true beauty.

And shipping these to the mainland cost about $8,000 It'd be worth it though because they are all carved from Ohia wood which is the traditional Hawaiian wood that they used to carved with back in the day, and it can only be found in Hawaii.

[ Edited by: Hemp Paper 2012-06-27 12:20 ]

LT

Shipping is $8,000 each or for the whole lot?

On 2012-06-27 14:08, LOL Tiki wrote:
Shipping is $8,000 each or for the whole lot?

Depends where you're shipping to.
It costs $500 to get these to the docks and another $2,000 to ship it and then $500 to build a crate for it. So my estimation on the shipping on these was fairly off.

It's $3,000 shipping on each individual Tiki.

:o

Really wonderful bunch of carvings. They should stay together, where they are.

On 2012-06-27 22:00, bigbrotiki wrote:
Really wonderful bunch of carvings. They should stay together, where they are.

In the Ka'u Desert in front of a crappy metal warehouse? I think they would do much better in the garden of some mainstream hotel personally where a lot more people could appreciate them, plus I'd make a pretty penny off that sale. Of course I wouldn't want to sell all of them, that is just ludicrous, these are amazing quality carvings that will become a part of history.

Sounds like building crates for these could be pretty lucrative!

Not to second-guess you (I'm sure you've researched the shipping costs thoroughly), but might it make more economic sense to ship these as a whole in a shipping container to a trusted broker in California, who could then crate & ship them individually? It seems like that might make them more affordable as individual sales, and the broker could set them up for display, as well. That is, if you can't find a collector or a restaurant to snap the entire collection up.

HT

I second what White Devil says. There's a lot of people that deal in tikis/oceanic art that might be willing to set that up for you.

Since the tikis are upwards of and over $20,000 each $3000 for shipping is not a big deal.

On 2012-06-30 12:48, Mr. NoNaMe wrote:
Since the tikis are upwards of and over $20,000 each $3000 for shipping is not a big deal.

I'd be surprised if that estimate wasn't subject to change.

Upwards of $20,000? That's not true, these Tikis are all under $20,000. They range from $9,000-$25,000 + shipping. The only Tiki that is over $20,000 is the hand-carved Ku by Cisco which stands 9 feet tall, and is priced at $25,000. All the other Tikis are very fairly priced.

Does any of the Carvers here on TC get anywhere near those kind of prices?
Nope.

Are they more talented?
Yup.

This is your Brains on Tiki! Any questions?

H

On 2012-06-30 18:59, Hemp Paper wrote:
Upwards of $20,000? That's not true, these Tikis are all under $20,000. They range from $9,000-$25,000 + shipping. The only Tiki that is over $20,000 is the hand-carved Ku by Cisco which stands 9 feet tall, and is priced at $25,000. All the other Tikis are very fairly priced.

Those are WAY over priced! ~$100 to ~$300 per foot is more typical. You're asking over $2,700/ft for that nine footer.

Check out this thread:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=7683&forum=7

Pages: 1 16 replies