Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

help in identifying tiki war canoe

Pages: 1 4 replies

This was a Tiki Flea Market find last Sunday. I have a few clues to it's origin, but really could use your help in identifying exactly what I have here.
We really can't call this one an outrigger canoe, so I will call it Tiki war canoe. It is 40" in length, 19" high, there are 10 8" tiki's with paddles, the head tiki also has a war ax. It is carved from heavy hardwood and has the head of a dog and the tail of a fish. Any help or comments will be greatly appreciated.

[ Edited by: Hangtentiki 2012-07-01 06:04 ]

Hello Hang10, I have no info to share with you but Congrats on a nice, nice find.
Cheers

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2012-07-01 08:37 ]

T

This would be a great item to post in the Tiki Finds thread. (hint, hint)

Hang 10-TikiG I give it a lot of thought and I search before I post a new topic or choose an existing thread to post in ( I must sweat more knowledgeable members throwing cocktail picks at me if I get it wrong). I thought about putting my ceramic "boat" lamp in the Tiki boats thread (collecting tiki) but it's obviously not tiki. I Chose "beyond tiki finds" cuz I thought others might enjoy it's cool (imho) 50's look. In my hood it was de rigueur to have a ceramic panther lamp. an asian figure or a boat lamp on top of the TV. Anyway, this is not a criticism of either of you gents . I think "tiki boat "is a natural fit for your too cool craft,again imho.
Cheers,David

Sorry, but I don't believe this is "Tiki", or Polynesian. It's a tourist item, and looks like a Batak piece, or something from that part of Asia.

Pages: 1 4 replies