Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

James Teitelbaum article in Chicago Tribune

Pages: 1 7 replies

V
N

He lives in West Ridge? I knew he was in Chicago, but damn, small world. I grew up there, my parents still live there. In fact, I'm going to visit next month and again in late August.

T

I do indeed live in west ridge. In fact, I live right on Indian Boundry Park - hence the duck pond mentioned in the article. You can see it from my front window. Lemme know when you're coming to town - I haven't hosted people in my Tiki room in a while... I was thinking about a pre or post Exotica 2003 event for people arriving early or staying late.

Jab, are you in? :)

JT

[ Edited by tikibars on 2024-02-01 18:37:25 ]

N

Just wondering, because it would be just too weird - did you grow up in West Ridge? You're 35, I'm 35...I went to Phillip Rogers Elementary and Mather High, I don't suppose....

Bring back The Luau Room, Louisville, KY!

[ Edited by: Nineveh on 2003-06-21 15:59 ]

T

Sorry, I grew up in Ohio... in Tiki-free Cleveland.

T

On 2003-06-20 13:31, tikibars wrote:

Yes! We arrive by plane at Midway on Thursday and will be leaving on Tuesday or Wednesday by car (which we are renting on Monday). We're staying near the loop Thursday through Sunday and near O'hare Mon. and Tues.

N

On 2003-06-23 15:17, tikibars wrote:
Sorry, I grew up in Ohio... in Tiki-free Cleveland.

Oh well, I thought it would be fun if we knew some of the same folks.
Indian Boundry park is really cool and so unusual. Nice choice of neighborhoods.
Looks like we'll definitely be doing Kitsch'n on Roscoe, the Luau, and the buffett on Sunday. Can't wait.

On 2003-06-23 15:20, thejab wrote:

On 2003-06-20 13:31, tikibars wrote:

Yes! We arrive by plane at Midway on Thursday and will be leaving on Tuesday or Wednesday by car (which we are renting on Monday). We're staying near the loop Thursday through Sunday and near O'hare Mon. and Tues.

Good deal.

There are Exotica-related events Thurs night through Sun afternoon, so if I do a post-Exotica gathering, perhaps Sunday night, we'll see how people feel. I'll firm up a plan when we get closer to the event.

[ Edited by tikibars on 2024-02-01 18:37:05 ]

Pages: 1 7 replies