Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

ebay: Now on ebay - Trader Vic's Hibachi Kit - new in box

Pages: 1 2 66 replies

On 2012-07-13 16:02, TIKI DAVID wrote:
I got a 'buck' that says,it's already sold, and to one of the peps that was bitch'n about the original post.
all though PM's of course.
just my opinion,I could be wrong.

Man TD I am glad you are still posting on this forum!

T

I'm with Boris, short and sweat response. Its not like the mystic knowledge of tiki appraisal will take years off your life.

That's unfortunate, I'd have paid about $250 for that set.

Paul

On 2012-07-08 20:28, Tiki Kaimuki wrote:
Years ago I was lurking on this site when I finally made my first post I got an internet kick in the nuts.
This seems to be par for the course on many message boards. I've seen it happen on record collecting and
audiophile boards. Either way, we should toughen up and be most of all be kinder to each other to encourage
people to come here, share, and learn what tiki is really about.

I too lurked on this forum for about a year before daring to post (even though I LOVE tiki), because there was so much elitism, and snark-iness towards new members.

I've not posted in years for this very reason. I just lurk around now.

Nope. Haven't sold it.
It's summer here in the mitten and that means beach time, so no time for an auction.

Had to come back to work today so I got a chance to check this. :)

Still debating what to do with it. So if I do put it on ebay you all just want to be notified and have me post it here?

I don't want to ruffle anyone's grass skirt by doing it wrong.

That would be fine and please include the link. I think the people who can't use the search feature here also struggle with the search feature on ebay. :lol:

My $250 offer stands, might be mor ethan you would get on the bay.

Yes post a link please!

So it's finally up on ebay.

Here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221087298648?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

New pictures. Thanks for looking.

Starting bid: $199.00
Told you so TC.....but noooooo......

I found a listing for one at $20 (Sold over 30 days ago, No longer active)
so we know it is at least worth $20

What was wrong with blacklagoon's offer?

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2012-08-02 14:39 ]

Nothing wrong with the offer. I'm just more familiar with going through ebay for payment and shipping. I haven't sold anything in a couple years but listed this and some other things from deceased dad's basement.

I searched everywhere for a similar item and could not find one. Please share the link to what you found. I priced it at what I thought it might be worth. I looked at Trader Vic's plates selling for 75.00 each and a martini glass that just sold for 220.00.

The price is still lower than Blacklagoon offered so it is possible he can get it cheaper than his offer.

Told you it would be mine and at less than I offered,

Thank you!
Paul

To be fair the last one I saw on ebay was not $20, I'd like to see if it were as mint as this one. The last one I saw for sale sold for over $300 mint in box.

This wil go well with my Rare Trader Vic's mugs and will post a pic when I get them assembled together.

Thank you for selling this piece at all, I would have held on to it.

Paul

See Paul..sometimes it pays to wait for EBay :)

Glad you won it since you wanted it to right from the start.

Cool item for sure!

Thank you, It's rare to find mint in box and will display well in our bar.

Paul

T

Yep, by not taking your original offer, she left $70 sitting on the table.
Live and learn

I'm just amazed that this thread went up to five pages - the story of a collectors community in a nutshell :)

Congratulations Blacklagoon! I'll be shipping it out today. Glad you won it. As I said before ebay is easier for me to use than doing a private sale.

I sell things sometimes as a little side hobby. I'm not looking to make huge profits and I haven't done it in a while. Sometimes I just like to admire them for a while and then it's time to clear them out. This is something I don't collect and had no idea of the value. Thank you to those who were helpful.

Someday when (if) I ever retire, I'll probably the old lady selling lawn gnomes at the flea market but right now I just dabble. Anyone interested in a 100 year old grocery cart? :)

Got it!

Amazing piece of Trader Vic's history and one I am glad to put into the collection.

Paul

Pages: 1 2 66 replies