Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Help me find these Big Tikis.....Please

Pages: 1 11 replies

Does anyone know where I can purchase these Tikis at besides tikitrader.com?

" These large tiki figures, painstakingly crafted of sturdy plastic, are perfect for the Tiki party, back yard luau, tiki bar, topical events... Easily transportable. Lift and move with one hand. Choose from the Angry Makitiki God (above) or the Easter IslandTiki."

T

I saw the moai on ebay a couple weeks ago and it didn't sell for the minimun $140 bid.

First on the list is to try Oceanic Arts. If you don't have luck there, then I know that Bensons Import has them.

Good luck.

BEWARE of Tiki Trader.com

They owe me money (long time) for products of mine that they are selling, and Otto has sent numerous e-mails out, about people who paid and never got anything. BAD NEWS!

I assume that's why you are looking for those elsewhere.

On 2003-06-19 23:03, MauiTiki wrote:
BEWARE of Tiki Trader.com
I assume that's why you are looking for those elsewhere.

Thats exactly why.....I've heard to many negative comments about their service. Thanks for the help everyone.......Mahalo

T

Here's the link to another one on ebay, Buy It Now price of $140, or for $125 if you can wait a few days.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=3229565691

FYI on a couple of things:

1. I called Bensons Import, which is about a 15 minute drive from my place, and the tan colored tiki is what they call "King Ono" (size: 54"x18"),and is $75.00. The large Moai or what they call "The Big Kahuna" (size: 54"x24"), is also priced at $75.00. Both are in stock.

2. I checked on my post from January of this year, and saw that I wrote that TikiTrader had 5 complaints from the Better Business Bureau, of which, all were resolved and involved disputes on delivery of goods to customers. They are now up to 16 complaints total with 5 resolved (from before), 1 Unresolved, and 10 no-responses from the company. They're not even responding to the BBB anymore.

Interesting huh? Those bastards! Karma will surely come around hard on them I'm sure!

Gecko~
Did you ever find out for sure if this is TikiTrader? (on the left)

SugarCaddyDaddy's Schedule of Stuff!

[ Edited by: sugarcaddydaddy on 2003-06-20 13:01 ]

Thanks for the info SCD. Mahalo

T

Bosko has them on his site.
http://www.tikibosko.com/luau.htm
I think they are cheaper on Ebay though.

Here is the Tiki Trader Contact Info:

James Allen
Tiki Trader Hawaii Shop
1751 E. Main St.
Ventura, CA 93001
(805) 643-8454 phone
(805) 643-7422 fax

now go collect your money or goods owed!

cheers,

KT

That info is out. He's moved to hawaii.

Yeah Kreaky, the Ventura info is old stuff. He was probably thrown out of California for bad trading. ha!

Pages: 1 11 replies