Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Travel from Waikiki to La Mariana

Pages: 1 11 replies

Does anyone have a guesstimate or recollection as to taxi cost?
Does the wiki wiki shuttle drop one off nearby?
Is there convenient bus service?
Renting a car in Waikiki seems like an unnecessary expenditure, but spending $60 or so on a RT taxi gives one pause. Mahalo.

K

I'm not the expert on this subject, but I know the taxi fare from Waikiki would be high..probably $60 rt. La Mariana is located in a very "off the beaten" path in Honolulu and the city busses don't go anywhere near it. The only time I've gone is when a friend took me in their car once for a birthday lunch, and I live here...lol. I would think it's probably best to rent a car for the day, do some sightseeing & then drive to La Mariana for lunch or dinner. Also, it's a great place, but it's hard to find & you could go past it several times w/o realizing it..:) But it's awesome!

i agree with the above... you feel like you are finding the bad guys' warehouse in an episode of hawaii 5-o.

M
Mo-Eye posted on Fri, Jul 6, 2012 5:00 PM

Cheapest way is you can take a bus to the intersection of Nimitz and Sand Island Access Road, then walk from there, its only about 10 minutes. But, if you stay too late, there will be no return bus! Just find someone in Waikiki to drive you in exchange for a mai tai!

Aloha,

I suppose that you could take the Free Waikiki shuttle to 'Hilo Hatties' on Nimitz (Not sure of the times it runs...but you do get a free puka shell necklace, kona coffee samples, etc. I hear they have a cool book for sale there, btw...) and then cab it from there. Cuts the cost by half. The cab is 808-422-Tutu (2222). Just a thought.

Or rent one of those car-ish mopeds that holds 2 people... you can drive them on Nimitz. Don't know what that costs...

That is good advice!

When are you going? I'm going next week and I'm getting a rental car. -Wade

On 2012-07-10 10:54, Trailerpark Tiki wrote:
When are you going? I'm going next week and I'm getting a rental car. -Wade

Good thought, but I will be arriving in the Aloha state approx Sept. 20th.

It is only like a $20 cab fair from the airport. I was there in January. I had a layover in Honolulu of like 4 hours, so we left the airport and went to La Mariana. Then when we were back on Oahu, I mostly had my wife drive so I could have more tiki drinks. But if you are cabbing from the airport, you could stop there on the way to Waikiki.

They need to open a sister place on Waikiki!

Not too bad of a cab fair actually. $30 from the Aston Waikiki to La Mariana. Well worth it!

Only $25 for the return taxi so $55 round trip.

[ Edited by: Lunavideogames 2013-02-19 14:50 ]

Pages: 1 11 replies