Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

WhoDoo Dolls - tiki?

Pages: 1 3 replies

W

I made these lil darlins last year some time. They didn't make a big splash on etsy, but they do have a certain tiki - ish charm. So I thought I'd post them here.

These are designed on the computer, in parts, printed in abs plastic on my 3d printer, and then assembled, painted, stained, and adorned with feathers. My plan is to work on some true tiki designs for pendants, and hand paint them as well to offer at a local pirate festival that's coming up. I'd be interested in your thoughts.

-Whystler

Skulls seem to be very popular in tiki culture. Pirates too and space ships and... so your creations are cute and fit right in. I'll look forward to seeing your tiki designs. Wendy

I would say tiki influenced, or poly pop around here... Sven might come out of the woodwork and chastise you for using the term so lightly (read up on the difference by using the search feature, probably with the term "is it tiki?" trust me its kind of a big deal round here). I think they are pretty cool myself, remind me a bit of a Kachina doll. Welcome to TC, hope to see more of your work. :)

Well since you asked, no, not tiki.

Pages: 1 3 replies