Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Tuesdays At La Descarga

Pages: 1 15 replies

M

This looks fun... Who's game?

Tuesday July 17th we usher in the start of Tiki Tuesdays at La Descarga. New head bartender Joe Swifka will have an exciting menu of classic and modern Tiki cocktails with all the Tiki bells and whistles. There will be live Polynesian inspired music and dance performances too. No reservations necessary - 8pm to close.

Word! I love that place! Great interiors, good rum and cigars, fine mixology - and my photos in the restroom :)

I'm in, if that's cool. Sounds great.

Going - emailed a reservation for 6 people at 9pm.
Feel free to use it.
-Kimberly

T

WOW! This sounds so great! La Descarga is so awesome already... add tiki to the mix, and it's gotta be good!

We are so there!

So...How was it?

I left because they wouldn't serve any of the other signature drinks. Just those tiki drinks you see on the menu.

J

Hmmm... I've seen Tikiphiles leave a bar because they didn't serve Tiki drinks. This is the first time I've seen a Tikiphile leave a bar because they ONLY served Tiki drinks. :D

Going to "Like" John-O comment here.

This place has very special drinks that one cannot get anywhere else. Why should I get excited that they make those drinks unavailable and replace the menu with drinks, with a couple of exceptions, I can get at any number of tiki bars?

M

Dang you're a tough crowd to please.
Myself, I thought it was a great evening... Good friends and great drinks.

See you all next Tuesday.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=43408&forum=17&5

Bummed I forgot to take my coconut home with me. :D

Don't get me wrong...I love this place. However, I hardly ever have to opportunity to go. Therefore, I was very disappointed that I could get the "Tapping the Admiral".

M

That is a great drink.

I didn't realize you could not order their regular drinks, not that I tried to order anything other than the menu, as I had brought friends with me that don't usually have the privilege of having a non-koolaid tiki drink. I hope that changes, as I am sure I might want to try one.

T

The place is spectacular and makes excellent drinks.

We were there earlier this year. Dressed vintage for the occasion.

Sorry to have missed the July outing.

M
Murph posted on Thu, Jun 6, 2013 8:08 PM

It's time for another TIKI TUESDAY at LA DESCARGA!

Los Angeles' Premiere Rum Bar La Descarga Presents,
Tiki Tuesday with Guest Bartender, Mixologist, Kelly Hiphipahula Reilly.
Kelly will be creating her Original Exotic Rum Cocktails beginning at 8:00pm Tuesday June 18.
La Descarga is a Rum and Cuban-themed speakeasy bar in L.A. and is one of the most beautiful settings to enjoy a cocktail. Join Kelly for the best in exotic cocktails, tiki culture and live music. There’s even a cigar patio for those inclined!
La Descarga June 18, 2013 at 8:00pm Come on by, have a cocktail and say Aloha!
https://www.facebook.com/events/555096774541833/555181214533389/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity

Pages: 1 15 replies