Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Recipe: Recipe for PF Chang's Royal Poolside

Pages: 1 2 replies

I

So, I had my first tiki party this weekend on a warm Chicago summer evening, and I served my guests a round of a drink that used to be on the PF Chang's restaurant chain menu called a Royal Poolside. Based on the color, the name may be most appropriate if your pool has a serious algae problem. Nonetheless, everyone seemed to find it tasty and refreshing, and the deep-yet-bright green color actually looked quite attractive in a tall gold-rimmed glass garnished with an orange slice, pineapple chunk, and bright red cherry. Not something for drink snobs, maybe, but I think this is good when you're in the mood for a straightforward fruity rum libation, and the alcohol/juice ratio seemed just right. I served a plate of spring rolls with sweet-sour sauce to accompany. The following recipe, which is adapted from the one you can find on various web sites, makes a full pitcher -- 8 or 9 drinks.

1 c spiced rum
1.5 c Malibu coconut rum
1 c blue curacao
2 c orange juice
2 c pineapple juice
1 can 7-Up

Mix the first five ingredients in a large pitcher and chill until ready to serve. Stir in the 7-up right before serving in tall ice-filled glasses.

[ Edited by: IUSteve 2012-07-16 23:02 ]

[ Edited by: IUSteve 2012-07-16 23:08 ]

Sounds refreshing! Welcome!

RB

Made a batch of this over the weekend...worked fine for a family gathering. For the tiki drink afficianado, though, it's a pretty generic "resort"-type rum punch.

Pages: 1 2 replies