Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Summer Sunset Luau at the Catamaran Resort

Pages: 1 9 replies

The Catamaran Resort Hotel & Spa will celebrate its 12th Annual Summer Sunset Luau celebration on the shores of Mission Bay and will run every Friday evening through August 31st.

Featuring authentic Pacific Island food and entertainment amongst lush, tropical plantings and fiery tiki torches, this not to be missed classic Polynesian extravaganza is, “Truly the best Polynesian celebration on the mainland” Mike Staples, Catamaran General Manager. “Whenever you’re at a Hawaiian luau, you are ‘ohana – family. We would love you to come join our ‘ohana”.

The show runs from 6:00 to 9:00 pm and includes a sumptuous Polynesian menu that features roasted Kalua pig, grilled salmon, stir-fried vegetables, and a number of salads and tropical deserts to choose from. Tropical Tiki Bars serve exotic drinks such as mai tai’s and pina coladas. Once the sun sets, the “Pride of Polynesia” performers take to the stage for an exciting evening of song and dance. Accompanied by traditional music, the dancers take guests through a musical tour of Polynesia – from captivating hulas to fiery torch dancing.

Named “San Diego’s Best Summer Luau”, by San Diego Magazine. Luau prices are $58 for adults and $25.00 for children 5-12 under 5 free. Hotel guest rates are $35.00 for adults and $15.00 for children. Tickets can be purchased at The Catamaran Resort Hotel & Spa™, inside the gift shop, or at http://booking.ihotelier.com/istay/istay.jsp?hotelid=6801&ReferID=46217&gohome=2. For more information, please call: (858) 539-8666.

Has anyone been?

Spam for TC peeps?

Yes and no. The Hotel exists since the 50s, I have a brochure with a '57 Chevy parked in front of an A-frame in Tiki Modern.
But there's nothing really vintage left there. Though they tried to carry Tiki into the new century...

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=13114&forum=2

I ride the Taboo cruiser over to the luau a couple times over the summer. It is a typical luau. The Baywalk (boardwalk) is right there, butts up against stage right. The Cat is just a half mile from The Freak Factory. Only a ten minute walk or less than five minute bike ride.
edit: Iv'e yet to eat at the the luau.

Viva Kate!

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2013-06-19 22:20 ]

A luau in Southern California? Sounds promising. I will hit it on the 5th.

This thread is from last year. I suggest check if they are doing it this year...

On 2013-06-21 21:46, 4WDtiki wrote:
This thread is from last year. I suggest check if they are doing it this year...

Yes, the luau will be occuring this summer in San Diego.

On Kauai, do the locals hit the luaus ther, like Smiths, for a birthday, graduation, etc.?

On 2013-06-22 14:53, christiki295 wrote:

On Kauai, do the locals hit the luaus there, like Smiths, for a birthday, graduation, etc.?

My extended family hasn't since I've been here...I'm guessing it's viewed as a tourist thing.

We've gone twice, usually for our anniversary. It's very nice, good show, lots of fire. Food is good but the bar lines are long and slow. You can easily pretend you're at a luau on the islands.

Pages: 1 9 replies