Tiki Central / California Events

La Descarga Tiki Tuesday Night - A Weekly TC Event

Pages: 1 2 71 replies

M

Ok,
The official:
"WAIKIKI WOMB ROAD TRIPS TO LA DESCARGA'S TIKI NIGHT"
are on Tuesday nights at 8pm

Steve, of La Descarga, has graciously invited all of us at the Womb to join him at his bar on Tuesdays for TIki Tuesday Nights.
If you have not been to La Descarga before you are in for a real treat... one word "armoire"

PS. if you get the munchies next door is one of the best "hole in the wall" taco joints in LA.

See you all Tuesday. Wear your tiki best.

http://www.ladescargala.com/
Tuesday July 17th we usher in the start of Tiki Tuesdays at La Descarga. New head bartender Joe Swifka will have an exciting menu of classic and modern Tiki cocktails with all the Tiki bells and whistles. There will be live Polynesian inspired music and dance performances too. No reservations necessary - 8pm to close.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=498216260204570&id=170404456319087

Murph

WaikikiWomb

[ Edited by: murph 2012-07-31 11:42 ]

J

From the test run last night...

Nice. Love Descarga

Oh, now I see.

Loved the place. Next week I shall be in Tiki gear and bringing a cigar with me so I can enjoy the cigar room.
Car pool next week?

Thanks for the pix, John-O! Always wanted to try a Big Bamboo...I must still be jet-lagged: I always was thinking about NEXT Tuesday

TT

Sounds great!
How's the parking around that joint? Carpooling sounds like a good idea.

J

(Edited to remove duplicate image)

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2012-07-18 15:04 ]

On 2012-07-18 14:17, JOHN-O wrote:
Street parking can be difficult the later you show up.

Also here's an idea of mine. Wouldn't it be cool if afterward we took a short walk over to the nearby Tiki Theater...

And took a picture of us all lined up in full Aloha wear waiting to get in. :)

Pay for valet it is $8, especially if you have ladies in heels with you or don't fancy drining in circles.

Though according to the Tiki Theater picture, there is parking in their rear. Unless that means something that I just shouldn't get into here.

CJ

I had a good time.

1 Big Bamboo

a Haitian Zombie

and a scratched van in the Taco Bell drive-thru

[ Edited by: Coco Joe 2012-07-18 15:42 ]

Calendar=marked. I'll ask tikival to be sure our tiki finery is properly pressed.

kevin

Thanks Murph, see you Tuesday!!!

:)

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2012-07-20 13:01 ]

M
Murph posted on Fri, Jul 20, 2012 1:17 PM

Amy it looks like you're real excited to attend :D

On 2012-07-20 11:16, Mongoloid wrote:
Mixologist video filmed at La Descarga!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/19/mixologist-music-video-by_n_1687095.html

That video is hilarious! "...served over crushed lava rocks" - those guys had fun!

Wonder if "Dude, you've been watching way to much Boardwalk Empire" is a play on the fact that Dr.Cocktail/Ted Haigh is the graphic designer for that show :)

Very funny

J

On 2012-07-18 14:17, JOHN-O wrote:

Also here's an idea of mine. Wouldn't it be cool if afterward we took a short walk over to the nearby Tiki Theater...

And took a picture of us all lined up in full Aloha wear waiting to get in. :)

...OR NOT !!

J

"Wah happened?"

M

I'm getting thirsty!

Me too!

M
Murph posted on Tue, Jul 24, 2012 4:42 PM

See everyone in a couple hours!

I'm feeling parched as well....

WOW! Three of the best cocktails I've had all year (Mai Tai, 3 Dots and a Dash, Big Bamboo) and my legs are all wobbly!

Thank you Murph for posting and getting the ball rolling and thank you La Descarga!

I was blown away. Great place, great drinks. I can't believe I hadn't been there before, but I know I'm going back...especially after seeing the widely-varied rum bottles lining the back of the bar.

Thanks to La Descarga, and thanks to Murph for setting it up.

kevin

WooHooo! I can't wait until next Tuesday :)

TT

Black Magic Woman, especially when they add the smokey. If they forget to add it, not as special, but still a tasty drink. We'll be back!

Aloha, SoCal ohana!
This is your host, Joseph "The Salty Dog" Swifka, from La Descarga's Tiki Tuesday.
Thank you for showing your enthusiastic support last night. We had a very successful evening, due in no small part to your livers!;)
Feel free to contact me with any ideas for special events, dj or band suggestions, etc.
I'll be introducing a punch for 2 served in a pineapple, possibly next week, and will expand the menu with more originals as well.
My arms are sore just thinkin' 'bout it...
Mahalo!
See ya soon,
J

M

Great Friends, Great Drinks, Great time!!!

On 2012-07-25 10:26, The Salty Dog wrote:

Feel free to contact me with any ideas for special events,
dj or band suggestions, etc.
J

PM sent,
Been meaning to make it up there.
Hope to try it soon.

Jeff(btd)

That was a excellent time thank you Joesph, our keep, and also to my good friend Murph. Tasty fun with my friends and I'm looking forward to next week!

WooHooo! It's Tiki Tuesday Once Again....See You Tonight :)

M
Murph posted on Tue, Jul 31, 2012 9:22 AM

See you all tonight!

J

Murph, if this is going to be a recurring event then you should edit your first post on this thread where you can change the title to something like...

M

On 2012-07-31 11:34, JOHN-O wrote:
Murph, if this is going to be a recurring event then you should edit your first post on this thread where you can change the title to something like...

Done.

HT

The LB, OC, and North of the Border will be there tonight. Please save some seats for us.

The pictures look awesome, I might have to get off my lazy and go

J
JOHN-O posted on Thu, Aug 2, 2012 1:51 PM

"Red" was there ?? !! Tigerlily was there ?? !! I shudda gone. :(

And was that Chippy ?? I haven't seen that guy in like 2 years.

I will be there next week. :)

I need to talk business with SoccerTiki plus I have a gift for the Bigbro which will be essential in his future "Tiki Music" scholarship !!

JB

J
JOHN-O posted on Thu, Aug 2, 2012 2:13 PM

And I have a gift for Joe Banks...

It's just too bad he won't drink at La Descarga on Tuesdays. :lol:

JB

HT

Pictures LA DESCARGA July 31
img]https://tikicentral.com/uploads/10038/501b006c.jpg[/img]

Looks fun sorry I missed this week Next Tuesday is a big day perhaps I'll see you all there! :)

HT

It will be your birthday, Happy birthday Kelly

C

Yes John, I was able to escape from Mrs Chippy and the Chipletes and hang with some really great peeps.

I cannot remember having so much fun in quite a while. It was a great nite. Thank you to all who made it happen.

I hope I can steal away again real soon.

Cheers to you all.

Of course I miss the week of Fire dancing!

Aloha! Who's planning on going tues Aug. 7th?

Pages: 1 2 71 replies