Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Broadway!

Pages: 1 2 replies

TM

So, after the smokin menehunes finished our set last weekend, I was hired to do a Broadway and film music concert. Unlike the classical music I usually play, the crowd actually loved this! On tap were selections like, The magnificent 7, star trek, lord of the rings, james bond, pirates of the carribean,selections from several james horner scores, and then the broadway stuff: Oklahoma, sound of music, wicked, phantom of the opera..etc...(yeah, this counts as standards so I am posting in tiki music instead of bildge were I usually reside...)

What is interesting is that I really enjoyed the music we played! The whole orchestra was fully miked and they asked me to play with my pickup (which is rare for an orchestra gig) because we only had two basses. The bass was fat and rich, and it sounded like it does when you go to the movies (and the whole theatre shakes!)

Well, that was the fun part...the only bad part of the evening was that I had to take a massive dump the whole time. So there I am the whole night, playing while sucking it in...clenching....OMG! There were moments when I thought I would have an epic and massive fail, right there on the stage. But I have respect for my fellow musicians and did not want to not be a pro and blow gas all over the place. See, that's the mark of a true professional!

http://soundcloud.com/lucas-vigor/sets/set-3/

"yer jus not tuned into the series of tubes yet, let it soak in".

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2012-07-18 21:06 ]

That's a nice story Lucas......but you didn't say how it ends?

Brown note,
8-o

Jeff(btd)

Pages: 1 2 replies