Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

A man named Tiki Dave and his carvings...

Pages: 1 4 replies

C

Aloha all!

This fine gent was somebody I met down by the Ohio River here in Evansville, Indiana. He goes by the name "Tiki Dave". I've posted some pics of his work here to get some input from you all. He's a disabled fella who has been carving for over 40 years. He carves his tikis all by hand with very sharp tools. No chainsaws, no dremels, just plain, old school style is his way. If any of you are interested in having him commission something for ya, pleas PM me and I'll let him know. He doesn't know how to use computers. So, I happily volunteered to help him in any way. He's just a good ol' country boy (as he says it) who loves to carve tikis! Mahalo all!

This is "Tiki Dave"...

As you can see, he is wearing a tiki pendant he carved too. Very talented guy.

Clintiki

I have O.T.D: Obsessive.Tiki.Disorder!... :)

[ Edited by: clintiki 2012-07-22 20:51 ]

Would love to see close-ups of the slender, curved, "branch-like" tikis - very nice, me likes!

C

Aloha Blue!

No problem. I can get you some real nice close ups for ya. I will be seeing him next saturday and I will take my nice digital cam to take some more pics to post here. All I had was my cell phone for these ones shown, sorry. He will also have some more he's gonna show me too. A real great guy.

Clintiki

So this is where all those Party City Tikis come from :wink: :wink: :wink:

My apologies clintiki just the way I see it.

P

yeah wow, I thought the exact same thing about the party city tikis. And I say that because a while back someone gave me some tiki-related party decorations from there, and the one tiki in the top photo looks exactly like one of the tikis on that was on some of that party stuff...like, dead on.

But then I thought about it, and well, if the dude is in Indiana and isn't on the internet, it's entirely possibly that those party city tikis are his primary inspiration & some of the only tiki-related stuff he sees regularly.

Hey, if he's stoked on what he's doing, more power to him...we all gotta start somewhere.

Pages: 1 4 replies