Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Photos, videos, wrap-up from Montreal Jazz Festival / Mr. Ho's Orchestrotica

Pages: 1 0 replies

MH

Hi everyone,

I don't normally cross-post our official Mailing List newsletters on TC, but this was a huge performance for Mr. Ho's Orchestrotica so I thought I would share the photos, videos, and wrap-up with you. Enjoy! Details below:

"My tolerance for lounge music is minimal, and my tolerance for camp even less, but I respect obsession in its grandest forms. O’Neill and the gang won me over with the incredible precision and, yes, passion of their playing. Approaching Esquivel’s pop concoctions with the seriousness of a top-notch jazz repertory ensemble, Orchestrotica enchanted the crowds during two free shows."- JazzIz (Steve Futterman’s festival coverage)

WRAP-UP FROM MR. HO:
I’ve finally recouperated from an exciting and wonderfully fulfilling journey to the Paris of the North, Montréal! The entire experience was a blast for everyone. The Orchestrotica performed 2 shows on June 29th to crowds that I am told potentially exceeded 100,000 -- for both sets (view this photo)!   The reception from everyone was amazing and we’ll have even more video coming out soon.  It was a real treat to be featured on Friday night, and especially on the largest festival stage, the TD Main Stage. 

Special thanks to Yves Renaud and Eva Blue (photographers), and John T (our local "Montreal Tiki Appreciate Society" connection and LuxuriaMusic DJ) for chaperoning us,  finding a hotspot for our new press photos, shooting some video, and introducing Mr. Ho to strange Canadian things like Duck in a Can (photo). John T also has the sexiest space-age bachelor pad Mr. Ho has seen this side of the Moon and he also mixes a mean mai tai! 

So what’s next? The quartet is currently working on booking our Fall/Winter Boston and NYC performances including a new collaboration with a choral group we hope to announce soon. Additionally, I’m starting to think about the next Exotica for Modern Living quartet recording! 

Later this year, the big band will return to Boston and we’ve also added an April 2013 show in Wakefield, MA you can bookmark below.  We’re hoping to have some positive news on a possible return of the big band to Mexico at some point, and in the Fall, we’ll begin planning for a west coast journey in 2013/14.  We’ll also be adding new transcriptions to the Esquivel collection too - got a request?

To all of our new Canadian fans and everyone else, feel free to leave us a comment on our homepage, Facebook, or Twitter. Merci, Mr. Ho!

Want to join the list and get 6 free MP3s from our award-winning Exotica for Modern Living series? Visit http://orchestrotica.com/mailinglist.cfm?ref=tc72412

Pages: 1 0 replies