Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Aaarghh! I've got the broken mug blues...

Pages: 1 5 replies

I had my first broken mug last night. My wife shouted out from upstairs, asking if I wanted to put on a sweatshirt. She waved the sweatshirt at me, and the arm swung out, knocking a mug of a shelf we have at the top of the stairs. The mug bounced downstairs at me in slow motion, with a sickening crunch. Turned out to be a Mark Thomas Outrigger 3-Tiki 'plant-pot' style mug. Could have been a lot worse, but the loss of any vintage mug is a tragedy of sorts.

Trader Woody

Doing! This should be under 'Tiki Mug Misfornues'. I was looking for 'mishaps' in the search facility and couldn't find it. (unsurprisingly)

Trader Woody

J
JTD posted on Sun, Jun 22, 2003 8:02 AM

Trader Woody,

I'm not saying this is like the jealous cat smothering the baby....yet. Nevertheless, keep an extra eye the missus just to be safe. :)

-JTD

K

I'm sure the heartbroken look on your face was enough to encourage her to be more careful in the future.

I have a shelf sharing the kitchen wall with the door out to the garage. Everytime one of my boisterous loved-ones SLAMS that door shut, every tiki mug creeps a little closer to the edge. A Westwood plummetted to his death several years ago.

Now I scoot them all back at regular intervals and there have been no recent fatalities.

My condolences on your loss.

Yet another series of reasons to invest a couple $ in quake paste! :)

Quake Hold Products

[ Edited by: Traderpup on 2003-06-22 20:05 ]

I use the Quakehold product too TraderPup. Most of the hardware stores carry it, but for those that can't find it, it is well worth the on-line purchase. The package will last through thousands of mugs!

Pages: 1 5 replies