Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Night at the Egyptian Theatre - Saturday- August 4

Pages: 1 4 replies

JB

http://americancinemathequecalendar.com/content/tiki-night

The exoticism of the South Seas blows through Hollywood with the Cinematheque's annual Tiki Night!

Special Ticket Prices:
Luau Dinner Only: $20
Luau Dinner + Movie: $30 General, $28 Student/Senior, $25 Member.
Movie Only: Regular Ticket Prices ($11 General, $9 Student/Senior, $7 Member).

5:00 PM: King Kukulele & The Friki Tikis and the Polynesian Paradise Dancers will perform in the Egyptian Theatre's courtyard with tiki vendors, island cuisine, a luau, and bar!

7:30PM: A screening of TIKI VOLUME 1: PARADISE LOST (info below), followed by a discussion.

To guarantee a dinner, purchase by 12pm on Thursday, August 2nd. A few dinners may be sold at the door if supplies last.

DINNER MENU
Main Course:
Pineapple chicken teriyaki on a skewer and pulled pork on sweet bread
OR
Soft tofu stir-fried with ginger, pineapple and onions, and sweet bread

Sides:
Potato macaroni salad and mandarin green salad

Dessert:
Chocolate brownies

Drinks:
Iced tea or soda
Maui & Sons will have a happy hour from 5pm - 7pm. Mai Tai or Pina Colada cocktail: $5 (regular price $8).

As usual in the summer in Southern California, the Tiki events are beginning to pile up - but this one is special. To finally view the first part of this expansive study of Tiki pop past and present in such a renowned example of Hollywood theme architecture is a momentous occasion!

A labor of love by the filmmaker, this film will transport the viewer through time and space to the South Pacific via armchair travel

I greatly regret that I will not be able to attend, because I chose to transport myself there (to Kona) in person this week:

But I look forward to its showing at Tiki Oasis in San Diego :)

http://vimeo.com/46176112

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2012-08-03 11:03 ]

CA

Hollywooood... la la la la la Hollywooooooooood....

Woohoo! Soccertiki and I can't wait for tonight :)

PHOTOOOS, please!

Pages: 1 4 replies