Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Kahiki Supper Club View-Master Reel ?

Pages: 1 2 replies

A few weeks ago, while researching View-Master Packet A974: Tiki Gardens, I encountered a Tiki Central post from TEN YEARS ago. There, someone mentioned a View-Master reel with the Kahiki Supper Club as its subject. Since I came across the post, I've been doing some digging and I can't find any information to corroborate its existence. My View-Master reference books don't list it. And my View-Master collector contacts have been silent.

Can anyone tell me if there actually IS a View-Master reel on the Kahiki Supper Club ? If so, is it a consumer-level reel (i.e. one that was sold in stores) ? A commercial / promotional reel (i.e. distributed by Kahiki as advertising/promotional material) ? Or a Personal reel (i.e. personal photos in View-Master format.) ?

Any information would be of great help. Thanks.

S
Swanky posted on Fri, Aug 3, 2012 8:20 AM

It does exist. It is so long ago, I can't recall all the details. Did I own it? I remember either trying to scan it or someone posted scans... I seem to recall Jeff Chenault had it, but I am not sure. I have seen it on Ebay and I have seen captures of the images. They were professional photos.

Thanks, Swanky. The ten year old post in question was yours. :D

Unfortunately, this leaves me right where I left off: One man's memories of the existence of an item. Is there anyone else out there who can corroborate the existence of a Kahiki Supper Club View-Master reel ? Even better, can you point to some evidence of its existence ?

Thanks, everyone.

Pages: 1 2 replies