Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Bamboo Saxotica and Suzanne Long pay tribute to Yma Sumac

Pages: 1 17 replies

TM

That was great!

Thank you Lucas!

V

Amazing ! Thanks for sharing

Thanks Virani, we miss you at Ohana! Hope to see you next year.

I managed to sync up better audio to these videos (audio recorded live by Don Gray)

Taki Rari

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSAyBicb8G8&feature=g-upl

Gopher

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJvhGHFHK8s&feature=g-upl

TM

I just love the fact that it is real pro musicians, playing jazz that is lounge/tiki. Right up my alley. I wish to god there was a band like this in my area looking for a bassist.

The only way to keep a scene like ours flourishing is to always have the best available acts performing. This band is doing it right!

Fantastic!

V
virani posted on Mon, Aug 6, 2012 1:25 AM

I wish there would be a band like that in my neighbordhood looking for a thereminist ! Or a bassist like you Lucas. Hell, I wish we all lived closer, I feel so alone !!

H

Granite, that brought back good memories of a great weekend! You and the band KILLED, and Suzanne was...well, everyone can see how phenomenal she was! Thanks for posting these.

Thank you all! It was a challenge and a pleasure playing that music and hearing Suzanne nail it the way she did. My favorite parts of the videos are when the girl directly in front of the camera knows there are difficult notes coming up, and her body language forecasts them, and then celebrates them. And you can see Suzanne and the rest of us feeding off that great Ohana audience. So much fun!

P
pablus posted on Mon, Aug 6, 2012 5:28 PM

The crowd was dying for more at the end of those two cuts.
Huge band - great night. Fantastic performance.

T

On 2012-08-06 17:28, pablus wrote:

The crowd was dying for more at the end of those two cuts.
Huge band - great night. Fantastic performance.

This was so. : )

That was pretty darn fantastic.

Thanks so much for sharing!

That was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Got me all choked up for having missed this incredible performance!! Thanks for posting with the better soundtrack Carl!! Nice!!!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

T

Even though I saw this live, the video brought me right back to Ohana! She was incredible as was Bamboo Saxotica. Magic!
Thanks for posting this Granite!

Thank you all so much for the compliments!

Thank you Suzanne!

Thank you Yma Sumac!!!!!!

H

Great band and performance. Love that music. Wish I could have been there.

An unequaled awesome highlight of a truly amazing event. Can't wait'll next year.

Pages: 1 17 replies