Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Disneyland Tahitian Terrace returns for one night only 10/13/2012

Pages: 1 20 replies

Just found this little treat from : https://www.mousetalgiastore.com/tahitian

Regarding...
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=20627&forum=1&hilite=Tahitian%20Terrace
http://www.yesterland.com/tahitianterrace.html
http://davelandweb.com/tikiroom/tahitianterrace.html

An Evening at the Tahitian Terrace at the Disneyland Resort!

Cost : $259.00
Date : October 13th, 2012
Time : 06:00 PM - 09:00 PM
Location : The Tahitian Terrace at Disneyland Park (Currently known as Aladdin's Oasis)

Come and experience the delicious food, thrilling entertaiment and tropical breezes of Disneyland's exotic Tahitian Terrace. Gone for almost two decades, the Tahitian Terrace was a Disneyland favorite, and Mousetalgia will take you back in time for a one night only event.

Join us for dinner, inspired by the original Tahitian Terrace menu, Polynesian dancers, and a few other tropical surprises. Special Guest Disney Legend Rolly Crump will talk about every thing Tiki and Adventureland, making this evening one that you won’t soon forget.

If you find the tickets to be sold-out, please email us to be added to the wait-list : [email protected]
More details coming soon!

[ Edited by: BuzDeadwax 2012-08-07 12:23 ]

If I was getting into LA one day sooner...

Dayum, that's crazy money! $259 for a 3-hour dinner show?!
For that much money, I also want to see Walt himself resurrected from the dead.

Seriously, I can enjoy four days at the Hukilau in Ft. Lauderdale for the same price, and the dinner show would be far better than DP can throw together for one night.

This haole gonna have to pass...

Of course, the superb dinner show I refer to above is at the incomparable Mai Kai.

TM

The ticket also includes admission to the park, right? if so, that's like 90 bucks right there...

You are paying to see Rolly Crump

Having Rolly Crump as special guest does make this a special event considering he helped design many of Disneyland's classic attactions including (of special interest to all Tiki Central community) the Enchanted Tiki Room.

Disney Legend: Rolly Crump

Roland Crump Official Webpage

J
jookyg posted on Wed, Aug 8, 2012 7:13 PM

Got my tickets! Pricey? Sure. But it's kinda hard to put a price on a once-in-a-lifetime event. I'm still kicking myself for missing the Golden Horseshoe Revue reunion a few years ago, since I never got to see the show as a kid, and now Wally Boag and Betty Taylor are gone forever.

This sounds awesome! If only it wasn't so expensive...

If it includes admission to the park, well I am an annual pass holder. maybe there is a discount for us. If so, I am sooooo in!~

Just got an email from the event. This ticket price does not include admission.

J
JOHN-O posted on Thu, Aug 9, 2012 3:21 PM

On 2012-08-08 10:11, lucas vigor wrote:

The ticket also includes admission to the park, right? if so, that's like 90 bucks right there...

It costs $90 to get into Disneyland these days ?? !!

How can your average vacationing family of 4 afford that on top of the additional food, beverages, and requisite souvenirs ??

Really makes you wonder how much margin the Disney corporation is making off the happy childhood memories that parents are trying to provide for their kids. :evil:

Whoever goes - POST A FULL REVIEW!!!

...with pics or it doesn't count.

Just wanted to post an update on the ticket situation for this event. After purchasing my ticket, I got an email from the Mousetalgia folks:

Park Tickets!
As a reminder... Park admission is NOT included, but is required for the event.
We have arranged with Disney to have discounted "Twilight Tickets" (valid after 4:00 p.m. or up to four (4) hours before park closing, whichever is earlier)!

Twilight 1-Day 1-Park Ticket Admission - $45 plus tax per guest
Twilight 1-Day Park Hopper Admission - $60 plus tax per guest

Tickets valid from October 10-October 23, 2012  only.  These special ticket prices are not available once you arrive at the Resort. Disney's ticket store closes at 9:00 PM PST on 10/12/2012  so don't delay.

NOTICE : If you book a room with MEI-Travel, you can receive discounted regular park tickets as well!

Special Hotel Rates!
If you book with our special room rate, you will receive a $10 gift card per person (up to 2 per reservation)!

Paradise Pier : $203 per night, plus applicable taxes and fees
Disneyland Hotel : $270 per night, plus applicable taxes and fees
Grand Californian : $322 per night, plus applicable taxes and fees

Not sure if that changes anyone's mind, but good to know about.

I wonder if this is Disney's way of "testing the waters" as they possibly consider resurrecting and rebuilding the Tahitian Terrace? Maybe I'm dreaming here, but is it possible, now that Trader Sam's success has made the Disney bean-counters take notice, that this may happen? What's there now is a vast wasteland within prime real estate. When they closed the Tahitian Terrace, it was still doing really well. Park CEO's just wanted something new and different. Full circle, baby. That's what I say.

C
Cammo posted on Fri, Sep 14, 2012 5:03 AM

Rolly does free appearances all the time, usually at his art shows, I saw him a few years back and talked to him for almost an hour.

He has 3 slideshows he usually does of his work; Disney, Post-Disney and architecture. The post-Disney show I saw was astounding.

If they're "testing the waters," they sure are spoiling the deal with the price tag.

...and if you really want to be freaked out, check out the Disneyland Hotel and Grand Californian nightly prices for a typical Friday!!!!

I agree. That is a really steep price tag, considering it does not include admission to the Park. But I'm sure some hardcore Disneyphiles will shell out to be able to semi-recreate for themselves an "experience" at what was once the Tahitian Terrace, with a great Imagineer with a lot of Disney-Tiki stories. Make it $195.00, with Park entrance after 2 p.m., dinner, a special event souvenir and Rolly. THEN that's more understandable and worth the money. Oh, and I think everyone who attends should be able to go WITH Rolly into the Enchanted Tiki Room to have him discuss the attraction, then enjoy the show together. (Mind you, Rolly is NOT the only Imagineer responsible for The Tiki Room, but he was one of the team who designed it. The late Mark Davis had a lot to do with the design of that attraction!)

Story and photos->The Disney Project: An Evening at the Tahitian Terrace

[->>King Bushwich 33rd on Hulu.com

TM

Attention Disney: BRING BACK THE TERRACE ON A PERMANENT BASIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not? Are you seriously telling me it would not be packed every day? (Like all the other restaraunts and attractions at Disneyland already are anyway)

Look at Blue Bayou for example. It is so popular that you have to book it in advance....and it is always packed.

That was a rhetorical question, BTW....but i hope someone over there is reading this!

Attention Disney: BRING BACK THE TERRACE ON A PERMANENT BASIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not? Are you seriously telling me it would not be packed every day? (Like all the other restaraunts and attractions at Disneyland already are anyway)

Look at Blue Bayou for example. It is so popular that you have to book it in advance....and it is always packed.

That was a rhetorical question, BTW....but i hope someone over there is reading this!

Hear, hear!!!

T

I posted to Kevin & Jody's FB page on their suggestion of who to get in contact with.

Now, if ONLY they would put in a bar space, ala Trader Sam's, now we're talking.

Pages: 1 20 replies