Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Oceanic Arts in L.A.

Pages: 1 9 replies

I was watching "Landscapers Challenge" on HGTV a couple of weeks ago and the homeowner wanted a tiki backyard. (Very cool episode and they repeat this show a lot so if you missed it keep your eyes open.) The winning designer took the homeowner to Oceanic Arts in L.A. to purchase the makings of the custom designed tiki bar and a tropical chandelier. It looked like tiki paradise to me. Has anyone been there? Is it as cool as it looks?

Yes, and then some.

OA has been referenced extensively on this board (Search).

OA's catalogue is available for $10.00.

B
Boob posted on Sun, Jun 22, 2003 9:10 PM

What is OA?

(aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!) (sorry, couldn't resist)

when you go to this place, bring cash or a good credit card, cuz you gunna spend!!!. O.A. rocks!, and all the folks are real nice, like bob,leroy and susan to name a few.

Thanks for the advice .. I'm saving up already!

R

Anybody got a shot from that HGTV show of that tiki bar they built for him with the surfboard top? I would love to have something like that made up.

R

I go there a few times a year and year bring cash and a credit card I spend 80-100 average each time I go there my last visit I spent 360.00 dollars alotta kool stuff there.talk to ya soon jymmy

PS I did a thing for tikicentral.com on oceanic arts, with pictures, here:

Tikiroom.com takes you to Oceanic Arts

OA's catalogue is available for $10.00.

when I first contacted OA a few years ago, they told me they only sent their catalogue to businesses, so I sent my request on Will Vinton Studios stationary telling them we were interested in some of their stuff for a potential project. Now it looks like anybody can get the catalogue if they send 10 bucks. I'm hoping to make a pilgrimage in October when I'm in LA. I've always imagined what it must feel like to wander around there...

Pages: 1 9 replies