Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge 8-8-12 Let's Dance Some More!

Pages: 1 2 replies

DZ

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist: August 8, 2012

On this week’s show we tipped our Trilbys to Terpsichore, the muse of dance in all its magical and multilingual manifestations.

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge is broadcast on Wednesdays, 5-6 pm EDT at: http://www.radiofairfax.org The show is broadcast live; no recorded shows are archived. Some fans choose to record it on their computers to listen to later. Radio Fairfax also can be heard on Tune In Radio at tunein.com, and streamed on smartphones by downloading the Tunein app. It can be streamed on Roku and Google TV at: http://tinyurl.com/3uqfsz9

1. “Footloose,” the Kenny Loggins’ theme for the 1984 movie of the same name, from the French concept CD Hollywood, Mon Amour, produced by Marc Collin, the man behind the Nouvelle Vague recordings.

2. “Pleasure Unit” from the CD: The Now Sound of Ursula 1000.

3. “Tiempo” by Natalia Clavier form her album: Nectar. Originally from Argentina she is married to Federico Aubele who appears here on Acoustic Guitar and the Cavaquinho, the Portuguese ancestor of the ukulele, along with Pedro Anglade on Piano and Keyboards. She has worked closely with Washington, DC’s Thievery Corporation and records on their label.

4. “The Beethoven Rhumba” the 1968 version of Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata performed by Jules Ruben and His Latin Ensemble from the collection: Swingin’ Cheese – Croon Tunes and Kitscherama.

5. “Interlude 2” From Mambo Legends Orchestra from their CD: Watch Out! (!Ten Cuiadao!): Spoken introduction to the Mambo.

6. “Canela Bella” by the Mambo Legends Orchestra, made up of former musicians of the Tito Puente Orchestra, from their CD: Watch Out! (!Ten Cuiadao!), featuring Frankie Vazquez on Vocal and Pete Nater on Trumpet.

7. “Tatalibaba” performed by Celia Cruz & Tito Puente on their 1972 recording: Algo Especial Para Recordar (Something Special to Remember).

8. “It Carried Us Away” by The Mutaytor band from their CD: Island of Misfit Pscience.

9. “Candela” by Cesar Concepcion Y Su Orqestra, with Freddie Guiterrez on Vocals, from the 1991 recording: El Sabado.

10. “Andalucia” from the CD: Mr. Ho's Orchestrotica Presents The Unforgettable Sounds of Esquivel, featuring a 23-piece orchestra led by Mr. Ho, a/k/a Brian O’Neill, who also plays Piano and featuring Tom Obetz on Steel Guitar.

11. “Omerla Bossa (Nicola Conte Version)” by Isabelle Antena from her album: Easy Does It [CD 2 (Remixes): Issy Does It]

12. “Kong” by Bonobo from their CD: Black Sands.

13. “Samba No. 2” composed by David Carbonara from the CD: Mad Men After Hours – Music from the Original Series.

MH
Mr. Ho posted on Wed, Aug 8, 2012 5:09 PM

Thanks for the play!! BTW, that's Tim Obetz, not Tom on slide :wink:

best,
Mr. Ho

On 2012-08-08 17:09, Mr. Ho wrote:
Thanks for the play!! BTW, that's Tim Obetz, not Tom on slide :wink:

best,
Mr. Ho

I made the correction in my notes for future reference. I apologize for the error. I currently have about 1,680 pages of notes in MS Word, divided into various subject categories, that I have taken about various recordings in my collection so mistakes do creep in once and a while. These notes are why I have been able to include such detailed information about the songs I've played week after week.

Pages: 1 2 replies