Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Free Download Album of Rare Exotica

Pages: 1 9 replies

M
MrFab posted on Wed, Aug 15, 2012 9:29 AM

Aloha! Thought y'all might be interested in this pupu platter of miscellaneous musics:
http://musicformaniacs.blogspot.com/2012/08/savage-exotica.html
Nothing taken from the usual suspects - mainly odd 45s, and exotic album tracks from non-exotica artists, much of it recorded off my vinyl.

Has the subject of exotica-by-non-exotic-artists come up here before? I've also got Billy "The 5th Beatle" Preston doing an instro version of "Ferry Cross The Mersey" that sounds more like Ferry Cross the Amazon, complete with bird call-type sounds on the organ. And Tony Bennet singing "Caravan." Maybe for vol 2...

I clicked on this and my anti-virus program blocked it as a malware site. Proceed at your own risk.

The first track, "Tiki Hut" is priceless! Iee yi yi!

[ Edited by: Lukeulele 2012-08-15 12:47 ]

M
MrFab posted on Wed, Aug 15, 2012 1:15 PM

A mal-ware site? Oh come on, I've been writing this blog since '04 with nary a problem. i would never hurt any of you nice people!

D

Oh, nice! No download problems here. Thanks, Mr Fab!

Like the Fred Willard-approved background image, too!

Seems like I had to jump through a bunch of hoops, but I got it! I guess I just needed to be smarter than the computer.
Thanks Mr Fab :D

M
MrFab posted on Wed, Aug 15, 2012 7:41 PM

Yeah, sorry, MadDog, but The Man is really making it tough on music blogs nowadays, even if, like this most of this stuff, its out of print, never been digitally reissued. How keeping impossible-to-find, forgotten music off the 'net makes the world a better place I do not know. But dont get me started!

When you want to legally re-release stuff you have to put some money up. So you do a search if it has been shared. If the answer is yes, oh well.

H

Thanks MrFab, nice music collection, I am really enjoying listening to it.

Thanks for the boss sounds, MrFab. Your blog is an amazing thing.

Pages: 1 9 replies