Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Anybody have a recipe for the F.I Fugu drink?

Pages: 1 7 replies

Just got a new muntiki fugu fish. Anybody have a thought to the mix for Forbidden Island's fugu for two
drink?

I

Hola y Aloha!

I believe that the mug was sold originally with the recipe included inside (Fugu 4 2)... Hopefully sombody will post it for you!

There was an older post on "Market Place" that was discussing the release... I asked around if the recipe was available. Cross your fingers and your straws and maybe it will surface!!!

~ickytiki

[ Edited by: ickytiki 2012-08-17 13:50 ]

You can see pics of the cards on Ooga-Mooga here:

http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/pictures.cgi?mode=gallery&mug_id=2758

Hard to see the proportions since the pics are small, but looks to me like:

1.5 oz fresh lemon juice
2 oz pineapple juice
1 oz passion fruit syrup
1 oz orgeat
1 oz apricot brandy
1 oz vodka
2 oz amber rum

Anyway, hope this helps. Maybe somebody with a card (or sharper eyes than mine) can verify it.

On 2012-08-16 20:44, ka'lenatiki wrote:
Just got a new muntiki fugu fish. Anybody have a thought to the mix for Forbidden Island's fugu for two
drink?

I found a recipe from 2008 at this URL: http://marriedwithdinner.com/2008/03/17/mxmo-fugu-for-two/
It has some good background information about this drink as well as a couple of others. Here's what you may be looking for -- would you let us know if this matches what you remember drinking? It looks good, I'm going to try this soon.

Fugu for Two
3 oz amber rum
1 oz vodka
1 oz apricot brandy
2 oz pineapple juice
1-1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
1 oz passion fruit syrup (preferably Monin)
1 oz orgeat
sparkling wine

Combine all ingredients in a blender with two cups of cracked ice and pulse twice, very quickly. Pour into a tall bowl and add more cracked ice to fill. Top with a float of sparkling wine, and serve with two straws.

D

I'd reply the vodka with some white rum. But otherwise, that sounds tasty.

Here's the recipe I have saved; nearly the same as Trader Tom's, but it ups the amber rum to 3 oz. I've not seen the version with sparkling wine before.

Fugu for Two
Serves 2

ingredients:
1 1/2 ounces fresh lemon juice
2 ounces pineapple juice
1 ounce passion fruit syrup
1 ounce orgeat
1 ounce apricot brandy
1 ounce vodka
3 ounces amber rum

Instructions: Combine all ingredients in a blender with two cups of cracked ice and pulse for one or two seconds. Pour into a fugu bowl and add more cracked ice to fill.

Kevin

Hmmm both looks good,, guess it's mixing time :). Thanks all

On 2012-08-20 22:19, heylownine wrote:
Here's the recipe I have saved; nearly the same as Trader Tom's, but it ups the amber rum to 3 oz. I've not seen the version with sparkling wine before.

Fugu for Two
Serves 2

ingredients:
1 1/2 ounces fresh lemon juice
2 ounces pineapple juice
1 ounce passion fruit syrup
1 ounce orgeat
1 ounce apricot brandy
1 ounce vodka
3 ounces amber rum

Instructions: Combine all ingredients in a blender with two cups of cracked ice and pulse for one or two seconds. Pour into a fugu bowl and add more cracked ice to fill.

Kevin

Sqinting at the card, i think this is the mix

Pages: 1 7 replies