Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

1960's Original Tiki Bar and matching stools

Pages: 1 40 replies

My wife's father passed away and we have inherited a early 1960's tiki bar and 5 matching stools. I would love to keep it but "She who must be obeyed" says no. This is complete and comes with a serving tray that also matches. I can send more info and images upon separate requests. Thanks, Lionel

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2012-08-28 05:41 ]

L

Wow, this from someone listing "North Coast" as location. It amazes me that you, lacking any couth and/or respect have the ability to reside on a forum which was recommended to me as a great location for people interested in all things Tiki. We are just trying to sell this bar to someone who would appreciate this wonderful style of furniture. If you had an issue with my first hurried post/entry, it would have been much more constructive to state it in a civil way instead of what can be assumed as one who is an ass.

Anyone else who would like information please contact me directly. I will try my best to help out.

Sincerely,
Lionel

There are actually many great people on here, it’s just that the few ass holes seem to hover here looking for openings to drop inane comments. Cool bar.

T

seriously.

people need to get a damn life going and stop lying in wait to trash every new person that comes onto this board.

sheesh.

To be fair, your first post was more of a tease
You really need to post more info, How much are you asking?
where in deed is it? would be constructive to you selling it
and those who might be interested in buying.

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2012-08-22 14:20 ]

L

My apologies. The bar is in Roseville/Sacramento area. It is complete (I can send more detailed images if needed). We would like to see it for $750 as it is in great shape, never seen sun (not faded) and is in great shape. Again, my apologies for not presenting all the info.

Sincerely,
Lionel

Sounds like a very fair price, I don't think you will have a hard time getting it, Good Luck!

M

Hi Lionel, lovely bar set! You need to introduce yourself before you post to sell something. If you are getting snarky remarks that might be the reason why. Introduce yourself in the general thread under new introductions.

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2012-08-28 05:41 ]

I can vouch that this is from the 60's as it has been in my wife's family since before she was born. We also have pictures of her mom and dad next to same bar. Her father was in the State Department and was stationed all over Asia, Africa and the Polynesian Islands. I do not know who you are or what has driven you to be such a naysayer but I can assure whomever has questions that this is authentic. If anyone wants additional proof besides Tike David, please let me know. I have absolutely no issue with sending information.

I also do not understand "packaging, China container". The wrap that is on the chairs is from movers when we shipped entire bar from Washington D.C. (where father retired) to our house with other willed furnishings. Picture is from my iPhone taken last week at night! No one stated it was a 50 year old picture.

Sandra Dee has a bar similar to this... Lionel H, you should really show a pic of the top of the bar... I believe it has the same cool boomerang shape. Atomic Tiki! The 1960s age seems believable to me.

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2012-08-28 05:42 ]

K
kiara posted on Thu, Aug 23, 2012 2:01 PM

Tikidavid, lighten up.

I

Aloha Lionel,

Welcome my friend...

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your father-in-law. My condolences go out to you and your family. I know a loved one passing away can be extremely difficult and stressful. Just know that time is your best friend in situations like these and I wish for it to pass quickly so that the wound can mend.

And by the way, I think your bar looks really nice, man. Your post is fine too. You're in the right forum on the right web site for it to sell to the right people.

I'm sure if the economy wasn't in such a slump your bar would have been snatched up. Good luck with your sale and I hope that it finds the right home!

Take care,

~icky

[ Edited by: ickytiki 2012-08-23 17:25 ]

T

On 2012-08-23 13:24, TIKI DAVID wrote:
What Ever, I do not care, my only issue was,
We do 'NOT' have to get all, "WARM & FUZZY"
I do not need for you to introduce yourself ,tell me the back story
or the fact that that your wife took your 'Balls' and won't give'm back.
IT'S the Market place for me ,just tell me what your selling ,give me a pic
tell me how much,and where it is located ,so I can determine if it is geographicly desireable to ME.

Ummm, you NEVER put a price when you are listing your Witco pieces. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.