Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Gallery

Tikis in Hawai'i, new online Tiki gallery.

Pages: 1 9 replies

Aloha everyone I would just like to let everyone know that we recently launched the Tikis in Hawai'i online gallery. There are several high-quality pictures of traditional Hawaiian carvings, information about the Tikis, and much more. You can view the gallery at http://www.tikisinhawaii.com

If you have any comments, questions, or critique regarding the website feel free to post below and I'll get back to you ASAP.

This needs to be moved to market place.....

On 2012-08-23 13:47, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
This needs to be moved to market place.....

Why it's not an e-commerce website it's a gallery displaying our Tiki collection. I don't know why you must insist that everything I do must be placed in the marketplace, this is a Tiki gallery site I put it in the Tiki gallery section, the blog is relevant to general Tiki discussion so I placed in the general Tiki section. I'm about 99% I placed my posts properly.

Because you are selling them and they are not your work

The only reason you are posting these is for profit
so the "Marketplace Thread" is where they should go.....

On 2012-08-23 14:58, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Because you are selling them and they are not your work

The only reason you are posting these is for profit
so the "Marketplace Thread" is where they should go.....

I'm posting these for information and to share the carvings, these are not e-commerce projects and I am personally not selling any of the Tikis online, the ones listed on Bonanza are not my postings, I currently have no Tikis listed online for sale.

I am glad you are posting these carvings, I love the combination of them being all based on traditional Hawaiian Ki'i, but also being quite stylized, artistic interpretations of the original forms. There is nothing out there that deals with specifically Hawaiian Tikis in that way.

(I just wish your site would not help proliferate the misspelling of the plural of "Tikis" - there is no apostrophe in it :) )

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2012-08-24 09:25 ]

On 2012-08-24 09:23, bigbrotiki wrote:
I am glad you are posting these carvings, I love the combination of them being all based on traditional Hawaiian Ki'i, but also being quite stylized, artistic interpretations of the original forms. There is nothing out there that deals with specifically Hawaiian Tikis in that way.

(I just wish your site would not help proliferate the misspelling of the plural of "Tikis" - there is no apostrophe in it :) )

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2012-08-24 09:25 ]

Gahhhh you people here need to make up your mind on how that word is spelled I've changed it around several times from having the apostrophe to not having the apostrophe. I plan on being the main online resource for traditional Hawaiian Tikis, this site, my blog, it's all just the beginning.

That you are selling.....

These are excellent traditional Tikis.

Hemp Paper, you should listen to BigBroTiki. He is "kind of" an expert on the subject...

Pages: 1 9 replies