Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Taboo Event! My thanks!!

Pages: 1 30 replies

Thanks everyone for attending Taboo!!

Thanks to Big Jeff Tiki Dude for spinning tunes, Jeff and Steve for the amazing food!!, Stacia and Billy for serving!!

Swank Bastards, Dead Beat Daddy's, Jason Lee, for the killer music!!!

Marie and Jeremy for Hosting the Tonga Hut bar!!

All the vendors who came out to support Taboo!

John Mulder for the great mug, Kirby for the terrific pendants

Forrest for his great Rum classes, Phil for supplying all the Appleton rum, Devon for supplying all the primo and PBR, thanks to all the Room Party Hosts, Crazy Al and the staff if the Royal Sun!!!

Thanks Also to P Moss for unveiling his new book at Taboo.

Thank you Jay and Shag for dropping by!!!

Last but not least, Thanks to Rory for being a great event partner :)

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2012-10-07 18:04 ]

Our Buddy Phil from Appleton/Coruba would Like to have a party in his Suite both Friday Night and Saturday Night.

Who are the Judges?

Rory "WILDSVILLE MAN" Snyder

http://www.tiki-caliente.com/

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2012-08-25 20:49 ]

Bump for updates

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2012-09-05 20:10 ]

Updates posted page one

M

Alooooooooha! Be sure to stop by the Haole Rot Room Crawl, we will be giving away a copy of Arthur Lymans Taboo LP. We will also be serving Primo and will have a slip n slide for your neck breaking pleasure! Stay tuned for more updates!

T

OMG > HULA is going?!? Hopefully no Agents of L.E.I. are there!

This is our inspiration for the Zen Tiki Lounge room crawl at Taboo

Join us Friday night for some devilish cocktails, dark exotica and much more

I'm having a great time working on two new cocktails that capture the spirits of Taboo. Finding curdled zombie blood and the sweat of a witch doctor isn't easy.

On 2012-09-09 11:14, Sunshine Tiki wrote:
I'm having a great time working on two new cocktails that capture the spirits of Taboo. Finding curdled zombie blood and the sweat of a witch doctor isn't easy.

I think we'd all agree that artisanal witch doctor sweat is worth the extra effort.

As for myself, I hear the faint sound of drums in the distance...

Kevin

On 2012-09-09 11:14, Sunshine Tiki wrote:

Might I suggest the "Brain Hemorrhage" or as I like to call it, an aneurysm. Two parts peach schnapps with a healthy dollop of Bailey's Irish Cream to make the brain. A little Grenadine for blood and PoW!

http://youtu.be/11mDKBzTZwk

T

Was wondering if this is also where we are to be putting down if you'll be participating in the room crawl? Or did I miss that thread? Thanks.

On 2012-09-13 09:45, Tiki-ESP wrote:
Was wondering if this is also where we are to be putting down if you'll be participating in the room crawl? Or did I miss that thread? Thanks.

Please PM me if interested, thanks

The rhythmic beating of the drum grows ever louder...

Kevin

Keep checking page one for updates, thanks!!!

Should have been more specific. Not participating in hosting, but a crawler. So do we need to sign up here, or on another thread?

[ Edited by: Tiki-ESP 2012-09-17 13:47 ]

On 2012-09-17 12:00, Tiki-ESP wrote:
Should have been more specific. Not participating in hosting, but a crawler.

you and me both. as much as I'd like to host a party at some time, i'm not ready to host one at this event.

It's a smaller event so we will post the times of the parties and if you want to crawl you can just join in

T

Thank you for the update!

Ok, we are almost there! If you are hosting on the crawl, please let me know day preference( Friday or Saturday) thanks!

PM sent!

Kevin

page 1 updated

M

Jason Lee and I will be introducing the "Hair Raiser" 9:30 Friday night right after we play. It's sure to make your hair stand on end in fright!

On 2012-10-01 17:23, Michele Del Ray wrote:
It's sure to make your hair stand on end in fright!

Oh, I've had plenty of those at tiki events in the past,
in not in a good way.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

Friday night is looking HOT in the dessert. See you at the ZTL room party, and don't forget to hop rooms. So many great hosts out friday night.

http://www.zentikilounge.com

The sound of the drums has grown deafening. Satisfy your pounding thirst with The Rum Drum.

Friday at 10:30 PM. Room 221.

kevin

Hope you all enjoyed the pool party! We had a GREAT time.

One of my favorite pics of the weekend. Good Times!

Thanks everyone for attending Taboo!!

Thanks to Big Jeff Tiki Dude for spinning tunes, Jeff and Steve for the amazing food!!, Stacia and Billy for serving!!

Swank Bastards, Dead Beat Daddy's, Jason Lee, for the killer music!!!

Marie and Jeremy for Hosting the Tonga Hut bar!!

All the vendors who came out to support Taboo!

John Mulder for the great mug, Kirby for the terrific pendants

Forrest for his great Rum classes, Phil for supplying all the Appleton rum, Devon for supplying all the primo and PBR, thanks to all the Room Party Hosts, Crazy Al and the staff if the Royal Sun!!!

Thanks Also to P Moss for unveiling his new book at Taboo.

Thank you Jay and Shag for dropping by!!!

Last but not least, Thanks to Rory for being a great event partner :)

T
TNT posted on Sun, Oct 7, 2012 7:01 PM

Thank you Rory & everyone that worked to put this together. We loved the smaller venue, music, cocktails, room hosts, Royal Sun staff, everthing. Kirby - the pendant is great, we missed you, Polly & Tyler. Do we get to do it again?

One more thank you - to the Tonga Hut for the bar and the great food!

tim & teresa

[ Edited by: TNT 2012-10-07 19:04 ]

[ Edited by: TNT 2012-10-08 10:24 ]

Apart from my thanks in the other thread, I'd like to extend 2 more sets of thanks here.

First, thank you to the crawl hosts for your generosity with both time and cocktails. It's not easy to invite 100 people by your room for a drink. And secondly, thank you to those that visited us on Friday night and sampled the Rum Drum. It's a blast to unleash...make that share...a cocktail with so many others.

Mahalo!

kevin

Pages: 1 30 replies