Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Thee Swank Bastards - Free Show at Lake Cunningham Skate Park - 9/2/2012 - San Jose, CA

Pages: 1 0 replies

T

My local skatepark is having a free show with Thee Swank Bastards on Sunday Sept. 2 from 3-5pm. Lake Cunningham Regional Skate Park and San Jose Action Sports (SJactionsports.com) are sponsoring the gig as a 'thank you' to all who worked to keep the skatepark open during the recent budget issues.

I don't think the band needs any introduction on this forum. All ages welcome, there is no charge to come and see the band. If you're going to skate, normal fees and rules apply (I think it's $5 for adults and $3 for kids).

There is a $10 per vehicle parking fee to enter Lake Cunningham Park, or you can park on surrounding residential streets and walk in for free. There really aren't any chairs besides some picnic tables so you might consider bringing your own chair if you want to sit near the band.

If you or someone in your family skates, you owe it to yourself to check out this skatepark... it really is amazing. BMX and scooter (Razor type) are also allowed. I'll be the guy skating in the Aloha shirt!

http://www.sjparks.org/Skateboard/index.asp

Pages: 1 0 replies