Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

book "treasured Taonga" ropata davis

Pages: 1 4 replies

im selling a copy of ropata davis's book "treasured taonga". ...just want what i paid for it $105.00 to break even so i can buy another book im eyeballing.......a friend of mine brought me back a copy from new zealand so i dont need 2. its ridiculous what people are asking for this book on amazon. $800??? really? cmon!

....i have a lot of books but this book is awesome and reads like Mr. davis is talking to you. great original works of his and full of pics...it took me a year to get this book because for some reason everybody is asking a million dollars for it.....

its a ex-library book from New zealand...so it has the spine tag and stamped ID on the inside cover and page edges. book's spine is strong and inside pages are clean...just the out side of it looks like a library book. also has some clear laminate on the covers. A blank page was cut out in the very back i guess because thats where the library card pouch went.....

just PM me if your interested......price includes shipping.

[ Edited by: Creative Chimp 2012-08-28 06:54 ]

[ Edited by: Creative Chimp 2012-08-28 06:54 ]

Some booksellers do what they do professionally, which means they make a living at what they do. And fair market value means the value at which copies generally sell, dictated by demand. Demand sets the price, not greedy capitalism or a vampiric taste for blood. I don't think you'd disparage Oceanic Arts for charging what their services & goods are worth, so in the future kindly refrain from doing so where others are concerned. Eight hundred dollars is a far cry from a million dollars, and selling your copy for what you purchased it at doesn't make you a saint, it just means you're in a hurry to recoup your investment.

no white devil im not a saint...nor did i claim to be by selling a used book in tiki centrals market place..i think the church has higher standards on how a saint gets his or her credentials.........im just offering the same book to fellow tiki files for the same price i got it for....maybe somebody is looking for this book and is willing to pay the same price i was willing so i can purchase additional books from the so called professional book sellers i must have "disparaged". (being disparaged is also a bi-product of freedom of speech, another great thing about the good ol USA.) i will say what ever the hell i want too in the future (within TC guidelines of course) but thank you white devil for setting me straight ......i feel reborn.

I dont need a lecture on fair market value and free market principals by the likes of you. The fair market value is around $295 on average according to bookfinder.com.......sooooooo..........those sellers wanting $800 for this book...or those that want $600 for the book of tiki!!!!! seriously? its a free country and i aint against anybody trying to make a profit......but thats ridiculous. .....it took me a year to get my first copy just because of the price gougers in the world and it keeps the books out of the hands of the people that want them. how many tiki peeps on TC still dont have a copy of the book of tiki because of gougers?

if you actualy knew anything about this book maybe you wouldn't defend the price gougers out there so quickly and maybe you shouldn't be so arrogant to assume that the people selling their items (either here or anywhere else) are less knowledgeable than you......and maybe they know what they are selling and have an opion as much as you do.

Im on the bottom of the "fair" market. i could be like the rest of the jerks out there and put it on amazon for $500 and see if somebody is dumb enough to pay that....or i could let somebody here have a shot at it below all the other prices......i choose to sleep at night. you can still be fair and make a fair profit............I like to remember the word "fair" in fair market.

maybe your one of these booksellers...maybe your not. but you got a lil offended didnt you so that answers my question huh?

"in the future kindly refrain from" ......thinking the rest of us in the world are as impressed with your opinions as YOU obviously are with yourself.

[ Edited by: Creative Chimp 2012-08-28 13:34 ]

Oh, grow up.

ha ha ha ha....wow.....i will white devil....i will. you have a lovely day

Pages: 1 4 replies