Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Marwal Hawaiian Girl Chalkware & Kon Tiki Cannibal Menu

Pages: 1 9 replies

J

Hello folks, I just started a new seller account on Ebay and these two items are the first things I've got up auction...

And this...

... I established a new seller account and the name is rogersrummagesale... I hate to part with these items but when you get nervous every time you need to use your credit card it's time to start unloading some things. The rumors about the economy improving have been greatly exaggerated.

You joined TC in 2002 just so you can sell stuff in 2012! :lol:
I am going to check out that menu you got there.......
Maybe you can post a link?

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2012-08-31 22:16 ]

J

I put in my time here at Tiki Central and have contributed my fair share to this community in the past... and though my participation has lapsed, due to reasons I won't get into right now, I feel as if I am not doing harm by offering a couple items that may be of interest to Tiki Central members.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-50s-Marwal-Chalkware-Hawaiian-Girl-Bust-Tiki-Midcentury-/320973983515?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4abb8a4f1b

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kon-Tiki-Cannibal-Tiki-Menu-Sheraton-Hotel-Montreal-Great-Imagery-/320974106158?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4abb8c2e2e

[ Edited by: johntiki 2012-09-01 05:44 ]

HT

johntiki. i feel like we probably met way back when when I would do tiki events in DC/philly. perhaps.

anyway, i think he met no harm, and if he did, well, then maybe he's short on rum. they're great items, thanks for putting them up. i'm checking out the menu now!

ATP, maybe it's time to back off a little with that "commercial intent" policing.

OGR

johntiki, Good to see you back....any updates on the Emerson Hotel?

J

Thanks for the support folks, like I said in my initial post, hard times are forcing me to part with these items, I meant no harm. Or Got Rum - nothing new to report on the Hawaiian Room, I'm amazed that anyone remembered my "life's work" in tiki archaeology! :)

I was only joking johntiki as you are a long time member, I thought you might get it? (The joke that is)
but didn't the smiley face make it obvious or the comment on your cool menu? which is cool, I was being sincere.

And good luck on your sale.

J

ATP - no problem! Believe me, it took me a while to muster up the courage to post an Ebay auction on TC after such a long hiatus but I knew that if I needed to sell some tiki stuff from my collection, the good people here on Tiki Central would be the ones who'd be interested. :)

J

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Steve-Kranes-Kon-Tiki-Cannibal-Tiki-Menu-/320982814902?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4abc1110b6

I did great with the other items and I'm surprised this menu is still cluttering my computer desk... Somebody please take this thing off my hands... I need to eat this week!!

[ Edited by: johntiki 2012-09-17 14:59 ]

Pages: 1 9 replies