Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

I'm Boba da Fett... newest tiki project

Pages: 1 15 replies

K
KeverC posted on Sun, Sep 2, 2012 4:02 PM

i have carved a couple tikis but nothing like this. yesterday i was bitten yet again by the tiki bug. i wanted to step out of my comfort zone and try to carve a tiki that was harder that i have tried before. it is not finished but i am super stoked lol

this is where i was yesterday after a few hours of carving

i made him to look as if he is wearing a boba fett tiki mask.

it looks as if old boba doesn't wipe so good.

i would be thankful to hear any input or tips or ideas you guys might have i am new to this and
would love to hear from you guys. thanks

[ Edited by: KeverC 2012-09-02 16:03 ]

[ Edited by: KeverC 2012-09-02 16:22 ]

A
amate posted on Sun, Sep 2, 2012 4:43 PM

Good lookin' tikis! keep it up.

a. Don't Stop posting update pics!!!
b. Love the Masklike effect rather than Boba's traditional helmet
c. Are you going to try new stains too...since you are out of your comfort zone anyway?

I'm really looking forward to seeing this completed. the child in me is a bit giddy.

K
KeverC posted on Sun, Sep 2, 2012 7:53 PM

i kinda want to see how far i can push little Boba. this whole thing started as a test sample. i got my hands on some really nice pieces of white Florida pine the largest piece is about 3 feet around and 5 feet tall. i saw a video on youtube by rioturban of how he carved a giant tiki and studied how he set out the pattern. so i got the smallest piece of pine to try it on before i even think about cutting in to my huge piece of pine. up till now i have only carved on palms in the style of the 2 in my first picture but that video inspired me to really try to step it up and explode some new ideas and see what i can come up with. i cant stop thinking about it and what i want to do. the last time i felt like that i was making a dragon in welding school. boy did it piss the welding teacher off.lol thinking Darth Vader for the big piece of pine. lol

[ Edited by: KeverC 2012-09-02 19:54 ]

Carving is an addiction!

Nice twist from the 'original' tiki style! Looking forward to seeing the finished projects!

K

i am looking forward to finishing this tiki but right now my carpal tunnel is acting up. so i cant really do any carving till my carpal tunnel calms down. it seems to flare up a couple times a year.i will keep you guys posted on how the tiki is going once i am able to work on it some more. thanks

M

Kever, very cool stuff going on there in the bay! Take care of the Karpel Diablo before you ruin anything short of surgery to be normal again.

Wondering what you use for tools....

Thank you for sharing...

Mahalo

McTiki

incredibly cool cant wait to see more... my back pack has jets im Boba the fet

K

right on thanks for the input... the tools i am using are 2 electric chainsaws, angle grinder, rotary dremel, dremel multi-max, hammer and chisels. i think that is about it lol. i know a lot of people like to use only traditional tools but i have some injuries left over from serving as a MP in the Army and the power tools make tiki carving a little easier on me. for me it is about what you end up with more than what you used to do it.

HT

OMG OMG OMG OMG!

HT

Also, I'd love to see the whole helmet in place of a raratongan head, but I'm interested to see what you do with the mask.

boba fett! wow they all look cook, but I can't show this to my kids cause now they will want one and I'm not sure what island boba comes from. They look great

K

lol i am pretty sure Boba came long ago from an island far, far away.... lol my hands are starting to feel better not 100% yet but doing better and a wise tiki carver has told me about some tools that i think will allow me to do the detail work on Boba without hurting myself. so come the beginning of the month i an going to invest in some new tools and try to do some more work in Boba. i thank you all for the input and i big thanks to the wise tiki outkast for taking the time to tell me about those tools.

P

not sure about the star wars tiki, but the fact that you live in the land of Coombs and are not copying his stuff makes you cool in my book.

welcome to the party.

Speaking as a mando-phile, i dig it

Pages: 1 15 replies