Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Leroy Schmaltz art show this Sat.

Pages: 1 14 replies

cool

Some pix from the show.
All the art pieces shown are Leroy's. Hope you enjoy.

The lovely Mrs Schmaltz

The Mr. Schmaltz
Leroy also had some abstract non-tiki pieces in the show. Very nice
Nice to see Polypop there. He purchased a nice piece by Leroy-I won't steal his thunder and post a pic of it, he should proudly post it. Congrats on your purchase Adrian.
Cheers all

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2012-09-08 21:50 ]

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2012-09-08 21:57 ]

AF

I too went out to Whittier last Saturday afternoon to see LeRoy's work on display. While there, it was nice to meet his wife Vivian and daughter Leah. Leah created some cool pendants and I had to get one! I also met LeRoy's very first art teacher from Whittier HS, Yosh and his wife. Yosh told me that as soon as LeRoy got into his class, "He just took off and did the rest!"

The exhibit runs through September 30th at the Whittier Art Gallery...

A friend, Vivian & LeRoy

LeRoy & Yosh

My Leah Schmaltz pendant

Nice pendant Anders. The 2nd pic in your submission is the piece polypop bought. Real nice.
Cheers

Thanks for attending my reception and for posting the pics. *******I wanted to let you all know that my wife and I will be at the Whittier Gallery this Sun 16th from 3-5pm. This will be a more personal time to pick my brain about my new art work or as my wife Vivian, says "A Talk About". Hope to see you there! If you can't make it the show is up for the month of September @ Whittier Art Gallery open Wed-Sun 12:00-5:00pm

[ Edited by: Bora Boris 2012-09-14 19:11 ]

Leroy, I heard you had surgery and would be out of commission for awhile. Have you recovered from your surgery and are you carving again?

??? It seems pretty apparent from all the postings on this thread that A.) Leroy is quite actively carving - after all, this thread is about an opening of his recent art works - and B.), he is jumping around posing for all kinds of photos....

K

Beautiful work. I was sorry to miss last weekend, but now I'm going to try and come down tomorrow. Leroy is prolific!

I'm the bionic tiki carver! I still have a few things that I can replace THEY SAY "YOU CAN'T STOP A TIKI CARVER FROM CARVING EVEN IF HIS WITCH DOCTOR SAIS NO"

SEE YOU SUN 16TH

[ Edited by: Bora Boris 2012-09-16 08:14 ]

On 2012-09-14 19:10, Tiki Carver King wrote:
If you can't make it the show is up for the month of September @ Whittier Art Gallery open Wed-Sun 12:00-5:00pm

thanks for the heads up, Leroy
I need to make it up there and see it while its still up.

Jeff(btd)

All hands-don't forget there's a silent auction for one of Leroy's piece's that is not over til the day before the last day of the show. Okay,I
lied,It's not over til the last day. My plan has been foiled. I am gonna see if I can still afford the auction piece on the last day and hopefully HB tiki won't beat me to it.
Cheers

My brother David (nui 'umi 'umi) and his wife Cece surprised me at home yesterday with a birthday gift he purchased from Leroy's gallery. Leroy signed it. Thanx Brawl and Sista.

HT

David, what I am suppose to be bidding on, I have not been to the exhibit yet????

There are still a few days left to see this show.

http://whittierartgallery.org/Cal-Events.html

Kudos to the Whittier Art Gallery for this exhibit. Leroy Schmaltz has spent a lot of time in the city of Whittier creating his wonderful art.

Pages: 1 14 replies