Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Forbidden Island Parking Lot Sale 2012

Pages: 1 30 replies

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 30:

IT'S BACK!

Our most anticipated event of the year...
THE SEVENTH ANNUAL PARKING LOT SALE!

Featuring the largest assortment of vintage collectibles, mid-century decor, classic artwork and retro-fashins this side of paradise!

We've got 21 vendors this year, plus DJ TANOA, The LA PENCA AZUL Taco Truck, the mighty KU BAR and a live performance by legendary surf band, THE AQUA VELVETS! (after the sale, 7pm)

Please note Forbidden Island, bar and parking lot, are 21+ and admission to the sale is $5.

Hope to see ya all there!

Mahalo!

Double Shit! I love the Aqua Velvets. Timing prohibits me and TikiTonY from being there this year. I always wanted the Home bar tour to happen at the same time and thanks to Mai Tai it is......killing me. Next year for sure. I have kind of a decent excuse this year (no Government work secret squirrel shit). So for you that are on the fence, Aqua Velvets, Home bar tour, Parking Lot Sale and Forbidden Island.....a killer weekend. I'm not sure I even want to look at the pictures (but I probably will) Have fun and we hope to see you next year!

My last event of the year and I'm very pleased to be able to be a part of the F.I. Parking Lot Sale once again!

Yes, I saved the best for last.

I'll have some very unique tiki carvings with me this year just for this event!

More updates in the coming weeks... hope to see you there!

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. So now big boy, would you like to dance?"

If there is a buyer interested in this tiki I'll bring it. PM me. 6 1/2 ft. tall. Not heavy.

Lake Tiki's "Lava Collection" is a series of hand carved wall hanging tikis inspired by the old Coco Joe's collectables.

Each has jewel eyes that make the piece come alive!

They've been to SoCal, the Northeast, the Midwest and now I'm proud to bring them to the Bay Area!

This is just a sample... many more designs and colors available at the sale!

[ Edited by: lake surfer 2012-10-02 11:23 ]

Aloha Shoppers!
In the Coyle/Cramer/Cathie Corner....

These shall be....and much more....

Islander Gang....

Bowl Gang....

More Gang....

And the rest....

We will also have Shirts, furniture and much more!

We'll be next to KuBar...get a drink and come see us :)

Aloha!

The Bay Area is FULL of tiki history, just one of the reasons I love to visit every year!

I'm honoring that tiki history with a handfull of wall hangings made special for the Forbidden Island Parking Lot Sale this year!

Each piece is hand carved from wood and hand painted. I'll have a very limited quantity of these, so get there early to snatch one up!

Very excited for this year's event, hope to see you ther

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2012-10-02 11:24 ]

Just a sample of the Papua New Guinea inspired carvings coming with me as Lake Tiki returns to the Forbidden Island Parking Lot Sale.

Hand carved and hand painted, each one is unique in its own way.

Hope to see you Sunday!

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2012-10-02 11:26 ]

falling down fast,
bump

This will be my first time to Forbidden Island! Very excited! How's the weather up there? I'm also looking forward to finally needing a sweater!

T

On 2012-09-21 17:15, Lake Surfer wrote:

All the new stuff looks great, as usual... but that Stockton Islander is AWESOME! Love it!

http://ericoctober.com

[ Edited by: tobunga 2012-09-26 20:44 ]

On 2012-09-26 20:41, tobunga wrote:
All the new stuff looks great, as usual... but that Stockton Islander is AWESOME! Love it!

Hands off Eric! I call dibs!

Krisdrama wearing a sweater right now in fact --- viva la lack o'heat!

I too will be selling at the sale. All vintage...like a scaled down version of when Psycho Tiki D and Leleliz sold 2 years ago if you remember all that stuff. Too lazy to take pics so you can just see it Sunday.

I will be by Tiki Diablo's booth against the fence...and boy is he excited about THAT!

Aloha everyone! Excited to be a part of the parking lot sale again this year.

I'll have my usual limited edition prints, new and old. Working on an original for the show today. Plus I'll have some of my wood masks that I've designed.

"The Tiki Ti, Building a better tomorrow"
Edition of 100 (going fast!)

"Bride-Monster"
Edition of 50 prints

Plus lots more!

Looking forward to seeing my Northern Tiki friends!

Aloha Eric!

Thanks for the kind compliment, I really appreciate it!
I know the Stockton Islander is a place near and dear to your heart.

Looking forward to seeing you again this year and all your great creations!

One of the Original pieces I will have available at the show on Sunday.

"Happy PNG"
Pencil and Pastel on paper mounted to MDF board with hand made paper.
13"X20"
$275

I'll have it with me at the show.

See ya soon!

T

On 2012-09-27 22:49, Lake Surfer wrote:

Aloha Eric!

Thanks for the kind compliment, I really appreciate it!
I know the Stockton Islander is a place near and dear to your heart.

Looking forward to seeing you again this year and all your great creations!

Mahalos, Lake Surfer!

I went a little Islander-mad for this event... Well, more mad than usual...

Here's a peek at what I'll be bringing:
Islander bucket mug

Islander mug

Islander platter

Islander building mug

I'll also have copies of Tiki By Moonlight, featuring the Islander on the cover...
I've created a special version of the Islander pendant, ceramic with a black wash glaze.
Buy a book, get a pendant!

And I discovered a stash of Islander bamboo from Abstractiki...
The pieces are about 5' long, enough to use to frame one of my Islander prints.
Buy a print, get some bamboo!

And also...
A Tiki Bob entrance mug

See everybody tomorrow!

bringing a new pocket flask ” stowaway” , mugs, tees, carved wall artifacts and fridge magnets. Out the door, see y'all there!

You all have fun without me!

Maybe next year....

Tiki Tiki!!!

Enjoying the Bay Area... Trader Vic's Emeryville with friends last night, hiking in the Marin Headlands today, doing some San Francisco city walking and a visit to Tonga Room.

Getting everything ready for the Parking Lot Sale Sunday... See you all soon!

Lake Surfer
Tobunga
Tiki Diablo
Jungle Trader
KrisDrama
MP
Me

Sounds like a fun day to me!

See you all in a few hours :)

Oh and just one thing...if you are coming to buy one of Lake Surfer's Islander signs you better get there early! He already sold one to me and its AMAZING.

[ Edited by: SandraDee 2012-09-30 09:56 ]

I wanted to thank everyone who purchased from us today at the sale. It was a great day meeting old friends and making new ones.

A super big MAHALO to Mike and the staff at Forbidden Island for putting on such a great event.

These guys kicked ass nonstop....Great Job! Best Monkeypod ever.

Here is a good picture of the outdoor TIKI bar made by Notch.

Our booth was right next to the giant tiki. He was definitely helpful in blocking the sun.

HT

On 2012-10-01 12:01, MahaloTiki wrote:
Here is a good picture of the outdoor TIKI bar made by Notch.

Our booth was right next to the giant tiki. He was definitely helpful in blocking the sun.

Is Notch on TC? Pardon my ignorance. Saw his work in person for the first time at TikiO and it was awesome.

Unfortunately, like 90% of the original TC members, Notch is only on TC from time to time...

E

Hey all, just joined. Always appreciated the scene, whatever that may currently be interpreted as. Had a nice time @ Forbidden Island yesterday. Def will be back to enjoy the actual bar more. Got my first Tiki mug from mohalo's booth. Man I wish I had seen that Islander mug tobunga posted, I'd have snatched that up in a bear trap. Shame that place is gone.

These were pretty sweet too. Couldn't get more of the others in the shot, that corner was always full of people.. which is a good thing I guess

Time to go christen my mug with some booze.

Lates

[ Edited by: evilhead 2012-10-01 22:35 ]

Thanks evilhead! Here's the shot you were looking for?

HT

On 2012-10-01 14:43, Trad'r Bill wrote:
Unfortunately, like 90% of the original TC members, Notch is only on TC from time to time...

Any contact info? Webpage? Facebook? I saw his Ku mug, that came from a 15/16 piece mold, at Tiki Oasis, and although it's not in the budget at the moment, it sounds like an awesome Christmas present to myself. It was a pleasure meeting him to, great guy, great work.

The red King Ku in the back? Yeah that's mine now. Only one in that glaze.

Pages: 1 30 replies