Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Complete Hand-carved Traditional Tiki Collection for sale.

Pages: 1 21 replies

This is the entire collection of Cisco's carvings, I've transferred all the content to the TikisInHawaii website, and the full gallery of Cisco's carvings can be found at http://www.tikisinhawaii.com/#!cisco/cg60

Information on Cisco and his carving experience on the site, any questions / comments please post.

[ Edited by: Hemp Paper 2012-09-22 02:16 ]

Very nice, but why not just put the price here?

And the "Tiki Gallery" that was not for sale......is now for sale.
well at least you posted it in the right thread for once

Look I have no issues with you wanting to sell on Tiki Central, But that you outright lie about your intentions
and now you want to make anyone who may want to know your prices, jump thru hoops to find out
It just makes zero sense to me, I have to ask, Do you know what you are doing?

This Ku, God of war Tiki was traditionally was traditionally worshiped to help in battles. This authentic replica carved locally in Hawai'i of this traditional Hawaiian Tiki stands four feet, and six inches tall. This carving was done from the wood of a local Milo tree. Priced at $5,800, if you have any questions regarding shipping or anything else feel free to contact me.

[ Edited by: Hemp Paper 2012-09-20 01:41 ]

Hemp Paper wrote "This Ku, God of war Tiki was traditionally was traditionally worshiped to help in battles. This authentic replica carved locally in Hawai'i of this traditional Hawaiian Tiki stands four feet, and six inches tall. This carving was done from the wood of a local Milo tree. Priced at $5,800"

Actually this is an inaccurate interpretation of a Lono – Ancient Tiki God of Fertility and Peace
and not of a Ku – Ancient Tiki God of War, It is mixing some of the characteristics of other
traditional Hawaiian Tikis but not accurately reproducing it in a historical sense.

But hey, what do the experts here think?

A 4 foot Tiki for $5,800, what a steal :P
What would Buzzy or Crazy Al carve for 5,800 Clams?
I bet Bamboo Ben could do a real nice Tiki Lounge for that amount.....

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2012-09-20 04:29 ]

On 2012-09-20 04:27, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Hemp Paper wrote "This Ku, God of war Tiki was traditionally was traditionally worshiped to help in battles. This authentic replica carved locally in Hawai'i of this traditional Hawaiian Tiki stands four feet, and six inches tall. This carving was done from the wood of a local Milo tree. Priced at $5,800"

Actually this is an inaccurate interpretation of a Lono – Ancient Tiki God of Fertility and Peace
and not of a Ku – Ancient Tiki God of War, It is mixing some of the characteristics of other
traditional Hawaiian Tikis but not accurately reproducing it in a historical sense.

But hey, what do the experts here think?

A 4 foot Tiki for $5,800, what a steal :P
What would Buzzy or Crazy Al carve for 5,800 Clams?
I bet Bamboo Ben could do a real nice Tiki Lounge for that amount.....

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2012-09-20 04:29 ]

Please correct me when I'm wrong, I don't have as many resources as most of you do to figure out all of the carvings. As far as the pricing goes, I know it's steep but there is hundreds of hours of work into these carvings, for each one.

S

:-?

On 2012-09-20 14:33, swizzle wrote:

Why the face?

HT

I'll lay it out for you, since no one is being blunt.

$5,800 is extremely high. And a four foot tiki of that complexity shouldn't take hundreds of hours. I'm not sure OA has had many tikis come through their shop that took hundreds of hours.

http://www.tikimaster.com/product/BLA6018120/Tiki-Akua-Kai-48---Ocean-Tiki---Bishop-Museum.html

Here's something that's close to that carving. It's less than 1/5 of what you're asking, from a known, reputable seller.

Also, people get bent out of shape around these parts when someone comes in, without a wealth of knowledge, and only wants to sell. There was a discussion about it recently. Some people don't care.

Anyway, I like some of them. Hope this post has been helpful.

S

On 2012-09-20 15:19, Hemp Paper wrote:

On 2012-09-20 14:33, swizzle wrote:

Why the face?

That's as polite as i can be.

On 2012-09-20 15:43, Hale Tiki wrote:
I'll lay it out for you, since no one is being blunt.

$5,800 is extremely high. And a four foot tiki of that complexity shouldn't take hundreds of hours. I'm not sure OA has had many tikis come through their shop that took hundreds of hours.

http://www.tikimaster.com/product/BLA6018120/Tiki-Akua-Kai-48---Ocean-Tiki---Bishop-Museum.html

Here's something that's close to that carving. It's less than 1/5 of what you're asking, from a known, reputable seller.

Also, people get bent out of shape around these parts when someone comes in, without a wealth of knowledge, and only wants to sell. There was a discussion about it recently. Some people don't care.

Anyway, I like some of them. Hope this post has been helpful.

There's a few reasons our carvings are more then this. 1. That's monkey pod, which is a horrible wood to carve out of because of it's susceptibility to moisture. Also a lot of the other carvings on that site are mis-listed as far as the wood aspect goes. I may not know a lot about Tikis but I can say that about the wood. Our carvings are done by chisel, and a lot of effort is put into them, I can post up more detailed pictures of the carvings if you wish. We have cheaper carvings that were not done by Cisco, which I'll add at a later date.

HT

There's a few reasons our carvings are more then this. 1. That's monkey pod, which is a horrible wood to carve out of because of it's susceptibility to moisture. Also a lot of the other carvings on that site are mis-listed as far as the wood aspect goes. I may not know a lot about Tikis but I can say that about the wood. Our carvings are done by chisel, and a lot of effort is put into them, I can post up more detailed pictures of the carvings if you wish. We have cheaper carvings that were not done by Cisco, which I'll add at a later date.

Well folks, here's a solid answer! Thanks for adding some more detail.

Can you tell us more about Cisco?

Here is an interesting news bit on the rare Milo Tree....

http://www.mauinews.com/page/content.detail/id/563514.html

S

Let me get this straight. You expect someone to pay nearly $6000 for a carving that is most likely going to rot because some idiot chose to carve it using a 'horrible' wood!

You are posting on a forum dedicated to ALL aspects of Tiki and Tiki culture and yet cannot find the time to use the search function and actually learn about what it is you are trying to sell to those that actually have an in-depth understanding of the subject.

You just admitted you do not know a lot about tiki but you know about wood. Maybe you should join a forum about wood and have Cisco start carving you bunny rabbits, or butterflies. You're not going to make many friends here going about things the way you are.

P.S. For $6000 i could pay for Crazy Al's airfare and have him come stay with me and carve me something here.

On 2012-09-20 17:53, swizzle wrote:
Let me get this straight. You expect someone to pay nearly $6000 for a carving that is most likely going to rot because some idiot chose to carve it using a 'horrible' wood!

You are posting on a forum dedicated to ALL aspects of Tiki and Tiki culture and yet cannot find the time to use the search function and actually learn about what it is you are trying to sell to those that actually have an in-depth understanding of the subject.

You just admitted you do not know a lot about tiki but you know about wood. Maybe you should join a forum about wood and have Cisco start carving you bunny rabbits, or butterflies. You're not going to make many friends here going about things the way you are.

P.S. For $6000 i could pay for Crazy Al's airfare and have him come stay with me and carve me something here.

Milo wood is supreme carving wood, the Tiki that was posted from Tiki master was done out of Monkey Pod which will end up rotting.

And alright how bout instead of hating on everything I do, you help me and point me in the right direction to learn some information about these carvings.

The price is firm, and it's worth it for the work and quality. No point in complaining about it anyways I have no control over it.

Hemp Paper, Have you sold any Tikis at the prices you are asking?
please note these are "Museum" prices you are asking for new carvings
& by "Museum" prices I mean, you can buy the real deal old native carved artifacts
at those prices, So is it your uncle or the gallery that is setting these ridiculous prices?

You just will not get them & that is the reason, plus your lack of knowledge that you are getting the treatment from us.
You would be better off getting a job at McDonald's..........

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2012-09-21 17:19 ]

On 2012-09-21 17:18, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Hemp Paper, Have you sold any Tikis at the prices you are asking?
please note these are "Museum" prices you are asking for new carvings
& by "Museum" prices I mean, you can buy the real deal old native carved artifacts
at those prices, So is it your uncle or the gallery that is setting these ridiculous prices?

You just will not get them & that is the reason, plus your lack of knowledge that you are getting the treatment from us.
You would be better off getting a job at McDonald's..........

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2012-09-21 17:19 ]

Uncle owns the Gallery so it's him setting the prices. I have no control over that aspect of it. As far as my knowledge on Tikis goes, I've learned everything from him, which isn't much, if any of you want to give me a solid place to study from, or want to write for me that'd be great!

I run several online projects, and I'm a professional web-designer and photographer, I earn more in a day then I could earn in a week at McDonalds, that's insulting.

Also could you please give me a link where I could buy those artifacts, we're interested in putting them in our gallery.

We've never sold any carvings by Cisco, yet we've sold dozens of other carvings from other carvers over the last 6 months.

[ Edited by: Hemp Paper 2012-09-21 18:09 ]

[ Edited by: Hemp Paper 2012-09-21 18:10 ]

Just added a full new collection from Big Island carver "Blacky". These are Aumakua's, Family Protectors (or at least I believe they are) and are hand-carved from Milo wood.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.444926795549704.97642.416255081750209&type=1

I'm just putting the Facebook gallery page, as there are to many pictures in this collection.

S

On 2012-09-21 18:05, Hemp Paper wrote:

if any of you want to give me a solid place to study from,

Here's a place that i highly recommend.

It's called "TIKI CENTRAL".

Actually I have been to the Ka'u Outpost earlier this year. It is like 1/2 hour south of Kona if I remember correctly. I still have the card in my wallet. Danny Freeman is the name on the card which I assume is your uncle?

There were some cool tikis there! I liked all the big ones by the road. Seemed like they were out of my price range, but they could be worth the price. I didn't see any ones for $6,000 but I would have probably walked out if I did. Looks like you got to name your own street as well, Tiki Lane is pretty cool!

On 2012-09-24 17:43, lunavideogames wrote:
Actually I have been to the Ka'u Outpost earlier this year. It is like 1/2 hour south of Kona if I remember correctly. I still have the card in my wallet. Danny Freeman is the name on the card which I assume is your uncle?

There were some cool tikis there! I liked all the big ones by the road. Seemed like they were out of my price range, but they could be worth the price. I didn't see any ones for $6,000 but I would have probably walked out if I did. Looks like you got to name your own street as well, Tiki Lane is pretty cool!

Haha, yep that's him. And it's about 45 minutes out of Kona, but close enough.

There are some great Tikis in our collection, some are priced considerably less then others. The only high-end Tikis are the Cisco collection, the other smaller Tikis (the ones inside) range from $60-$900

The larger Tikis outside are priced from $8k - $22k, and are carved from Koa and Ohia wood.

And the street name was that long before the land was purchased, pretty convenient though.

[ Edited by: Hemp Paper 2012-09-24 19:33 ]

"And alright how bout instead of hating on everything I do, you help me and point me in the right direction to learn some information about these carvings. "

I am not sure if people are " hating on" everything you do but ok. If you really would like to be pointed in the right direction here you go.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=35924&forum=1&hilite=good tiki books

Thanks go out to JP for starting the above referenced thread. This should make it a little easier to find some of the info you are requesting.

TC Search it is simple, fun, and free!

Pages: 1 21 replies