Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Care and feeding of new tiki

Pages: 1 6 replies

I just got a wood carved tiki from a friend who just came back from Hawaii. I am wondering if the wood needs to be stained, watersealed or treated in any way. It's just a simple wooden tiki that has no coating whatsoever at this point.

Thanks!

Try some teak oil on it?

No twinkies and make sure it's pottie trained. Also warn small children to keep fingers away from it's mouth.

If it's an indoor tiki, just rub it with mineral oil (from any drugstore), and keep it away from direct sunlight and heat to prevent dryness and cracking.

I've actually had some pretty good luck with Kramer's Best products. So far so good.

Hey Chiki, JT and all you other cavers.

Maybe there's an additional opportunity to make some funds during the slow times.....Tiki Maintenance? You go and do yearly maintenance (for a fee) for those that you've sold Tiki's too. Not a far off idea, and it's something that I would take advantage of since I'm too lazy to do it myself and it would give you an opportunity to take pictures of your carvings in their (final?) home and the opportunity to sell them another tiki.

Something to think about.
Just my 2 coconuts worth.

Pages: 1 6 replies