Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Join The Hula Girls at The Bahooka for a filming of Food Network's "World's Weirdest Restaurants"!

Pages: 1 13 replies

"World's Weirdest Restaurants" is currently a Canadian show, but they are producing for the US right now! We'll be filming at The Bahooka on Thursday, Oct 11, 2012.
The Hula Girls are gonna play a few songs for the show and the host will be interviewing customers as well. Dinah and Judy will be dancing too.

Should be a fun time! Not sure about times yet, but I'd imagine that we will get started around 6:30 or 7:00 (dinner time). I'll repost as a time is locked down.

http://www.foodnetwork.ca/ontv/shows/worlds-weirdest-restaurants/show.html?titleid=272173

Hope you can make the scene!!

CA

see ya 'all' there! WEEKEND STARTS ON THURSDAY!!!!

That's funny, we consider the Bahooka, the Tonga Room, and the Wreck Bar to be perfectly normal - not weird! :D

well Bahooka has a pretty wild, eclectic array of decor, not just tiki.

Jeff(btd)

CA

Exactly!!!!!!!!!! BTD!?!?!?!????

CA

any official times ? Hope to see some folks... Weekend Starts On Thursday!

G

I will pop by there at around 8 or so. Things should be jumping by then.

Update;
Oops. Looks like the storm is keeping me at home. Have fun you all.

[ Edited by: geedavee 2012-10-11 19:09 ]

CA

got some info,,,, if you want to be filmed enjoying dinner and promoting one of the last original Tiki Palaces in the World. then....
QUOTE:
We're shooting the 'customer experience' between 5:30pm and 8:30pm... this includes the band, dancers, yourself and dinner. If you know people that would like to join us, it's likely best they arrive around 5pm to be seated and settled before we start rolling in the dining area.

all last minute...... but what'cha going to do.... leave it all on locals shoulders????

Tomorrow evening!!

J

But I'm still waiting to be on TV from the Breezeway opening party !! :D

Looking forward to it! (Like I really need an excuse to eat at Bahooka!) I'll have a dozen or so tickets for the Saturday Untouchables with the Hula Girls Show with me. If anyone wants to buy theirs (without paying the service charge), find me at Bahooka between 5 & 8:30pm tonight.

J

Great fun last night. The Hula Girls performed like Rock Stars !!

And lots of TC peeps talking intelligently (at least I hope we were) about Tiki for the cameras. :)

Crazy Al must have been pretty hungry. He stole the "prop" food. Ha ha.

S

Rain Date?

TONIGHT!!!

Pages: 1 13 replies