Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Body Glove Tiki Mugs, limited edition set . see pg 3

Pages: 1 34 replies

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!

Happy October! I've recently started working with an underground skate board company in LA. They create limited edition skate decks with my tiki art on them. This is the latest. The skate company has 1 (one!) up for sale on E-bay. Here's the Link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/230858426622?item=230858426622&ViewItem=

Here's a pic of the new Board : it features my painting "Hawaii-Ween".
These Skate Decks come with hardware to hang them on the wall like art. And they look darned cool! Here's a photo of one of the previous boards - THIS IS NOT THE NEW BOARD - I don't even have a proper photo of it yet. You have to go to the E-bay listing to see it close up. (sorry)

(actual photo from a swanky art gallery in LA)
See? Swanky Skate Art!

If you miss out on the E-bay sale, the only other place that I really know you can get these planks is at my "Home" gallery here in Kailua-Kona Hawaii. Why? Because to get these boards from the Skate Board company in LA you have to be some kinda' hard core Skate Punk or some-such and know who and where. Hey, I did say they were a "Underground" skate company, right. I know, sorry , but I think it's sort of cool to make something that's rare and hard to find. It's ART!

So, for those of us who are not hard core skate-punks I got a few boards shipped to me here in Hawaii, and have them at my local gallery. Last time I checked they have a few boards left in a variety of cool low-brow art designs, but you'll have to inquire which ones they have. Happy Halloween Hunting!:
Here's the gallery info:
http://www.wylandbigisland.com/
Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery
75-5770 Alii Dr
Kailua Kona, HI 96740-1782
Phone – (808) 334-0037
Toll Free – (888) 435-6612

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-05-13 23:17 ]

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!

HAPPY "HAWAII-WEEN!"

"Hawaii-Ween"
Full sized as the original, gallery wrapped / ready to hang -signed, limited edition Giclee on Canvas museum quality!
Special Hawaii-Ween price! (one tribe member is thinking bout it, if he don't grab it by tomorrow it's up for grabs!
Give me a personal message if you like!

Big ALOHA!
Brad Tiki-Shark Parker

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Seeking art for your tiki lounge?
The "LURID" Tiki Art of Brad Tiki-Shark Parker is featured this month at an ART Show at the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery this October 26th.

More information can be surfed at this web site:
http://www.wylandbigisland.com/monthly_specials.html
Hope 2 C U There!
Aloha
Tiki Shark

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
5 DAYS till HAWAII-WEEN!

This Friday is "HAWAII-WEEN" here at the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery on da' BIG ISLAND!

Check out the "radio Spot" on my face book page !
http://www.facebook.com/bradtikisharkparker?ref=tn_tnmn

This is a weird N wild event, first ever!
Tikis & Jack-o-Lanterns!
Menehunes & Hobgoblins!
Booze & Halloween candy!
Live painting on frighteningly unfinished paintings!

My latest piece - a portrait of the "Body Glove Sea Creature" -you'll see it all roughed in, unfinished looking, and half way to being done (EEK! - Talk about scary!)
Be showing the short award winning film made by "Body Glove"
U can check it out here: http://surf.transworld.net/1000151561/videos/imaginarium-body-gloves-the-disappearance/

It'll all happen this A-Lo-Ha Friday - Oct 26th at:
The Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037
Email – [email protected]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
4 DAYZ TILL "HAWAII-WEEN"!

75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037
Email – [email protected] — with Wyland Hawaii at Wyland Hawaii.

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

The Full Moon raises out of the jungle as the menehunes, ghosts and witches all come out to party.

We had a great time Friday night at the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery for the big "Hawaii-Ween" art event!
Go check out the photos on my "event" thread on TC:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=42660&forum=4&start=15&24
We had a blast! (as u can see form the photos)
Check the gallery - "Hawaii-Ween" sale prices still going on!
Find the tricks N' treats N' tikis at:
"Hawaii-Ween" - the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery!
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037

Lusting for more?
WELL tiki tribe... if you're hungry for MORE Hawaiian tiki-fied Trick or TREATS? Need a heap of "Hawaii-ween" things? Dig-it cool Cat & Kittens! Go eye-ball my Hawaiian friend and inspirational fellow artist's Sam' Campos "Dragon Fly project"; Here's an supernatural-sample of his wild-world of martial-art-monsters, & motorcycles, & Menehunes, & shark-spirits, & demons, & guardian Hawaiian-heroes, & awesome 'aumakua (Hawaiian animal spirits), and stuff on the you-tube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaY-HT7rYRY

Big ALOHA!
HAppy All Hallows Eve!
Tiki - Shark

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker
"Brad Parker creates lurid paintings that pull in influences from tiki, comics, and rock."

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2012-10-30 03:55 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

Me and a tiki art collector by the Wyland Kona gallery. (er... nice art, bad teeth!)

The pop-surreal section...

Tiki vs Godzilla at the Wyland...

The big beautiful gallery - I'm always honored to have been invited into such a nice art space.

Here's my wall...

If you are in Kona, or on da' net...please drop on in!

75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037
http://www.WylandBigIsland.com

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2012-11-05 18:29 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!~
Ok, to get through the "Post-Halloween Depression" I'm in, I decided to pretend Halloween isn't over until I say it's over.
So! Lookie! All the way from the mysterious "Halloween Island"...

Kustom Tiki Art Skate Decks on Sale for HALLOWEEN!

DECKS Come with Hardware to hang on the wall - SWANKY!

"HAWAII-WEEN" & "TIGER SHARK SURFING"

OF COURSE, BECAUSE IT'S STILL HALLOWEEN, THIS SKATE DECK IS THE ONE TO GET, (IF YA' ASK ME)
Photos are a bit shinny because there is a protective plastic wrap around each board.
It was used as the web site art for "Tales to Terrify"- a way-cool pod cast with readings of horror fiction. Check it out here http://talestoterrify.com/
So Happy Halloween (STILL) Tiki Tribe!
I take Pay Pal,
And the longer HALLOWEEN goes on, the more likely you can sweet talk me into giving you a really great deal on these decks! I talkin' like maybe $100! Of course shipping & Handling from the exotic tropic volcanic "Halloween Island" is about $40 or so depending where you want it shipped.

Big ALOHA!
B~

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2012-11-05 23:52 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
If you find yourself in the exotic southern hemisphere of the Pacific Ocean, please visit KUSTOM LANE!
Tony has been a huge supporter of my art, and is my sole rep down-under.
more info here. http://www.kustomlane.com/bradparker.htm

ALOHA!

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
KUSTOM SKATE DECKS!

To you from "Halloween Island"!

Ask me about "sale prices" before "Halloween Island" changes totally back into the "Big Island", and I turn back into...

Decks come with hard wear to hang on da wall.
ALOHA!
Brad

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Do you DIG Tiki Art?

"Diga Diga Doo"
Giclee on Canvas

Check out the wide assortment of Brad Tiki-Shark Parker Art at...
the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery!
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

Check out the swank new display stand for my Kustom Skate Decks created by the fine art experts a the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037
Email - [email protected]

These puppies are the perfect unique tiki-art for that home grown Tiki-Bar in your home! Check out the Wyland Kona Oceanfront gallery, they have terrific purchase plans, and one-of-a-kind art pieces from me. They are one of only three Galleries I work with (in the whole world). This is the best gallery in my small Hawaiian town where I live, here on the Big Island of Hawaii - owned by a great fella, Mark Hanna, who gave me wall space when most other galleries here in Hawaii told me my work was too "out there" or "Weird"... lowbrow art, and Tiki-Art just WOULD NOT SELL in Hawaii to the tourists. (Wha?!) They wanted main stream stuff... dolphins, whales, turtles, flowers, landscapes, sea scape's, etc... but, Mark Hanna believed in my work back when hardly any other galleries did. Now, it's different, and I've turned down offers to be in large chain galleries... I don't want to be everywhere... I like being in a local gallery, that carries Local art from local artist's. If you travel 1000s of miles to a remote island, you should find something special you cannot find anywhere else. And Mark has made his "Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery" just that kind of special place. Thanks Mark, and mahalo to everyone else at the Wyland Big Island gallery, MAHALO PLENTY and thanks for your support and aloha.
B~

[ Edited by: tiki shark art 2013-01-11 20:13 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-01-11 20:19 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Just had a last detailed meticulous check of the original of "Secret Cove" before it is shipped to it's new home.

An Art Patron / Rock Musician on the west coast. (?!) I'm must a confess I'm a fan, and I'm real happy that it's going to such a swanky location, and that these totally swanky cool folks are so excited about owning it.
It's the last original I had up for sale. Usually I don't have any original art around, they leave as soon as I can paint 'em. That makes me feel happy. Some artist hate letting go of their "children" and I totally get that too. However, now I feel I want others to enjoy my art. I mean, How would I have ever known the joy of seeing my favorite artist's work unless they had let their art go out into the world? Art is for the world...it's gotta get out there and do it's "art thing".
Anyways, out they go, as fast as I do 'em... usually. But, this one was higher priced, and it took longer then I was used to before it sold. I got a little freaked...I wasn't used to that. I confess I feel better when I know all my original art is sold- and is out in the world being enjoyed by some art patron- somewhere... I always hope for a cool home tiki bar, a swanky mid century pad preferably during a cocktail party... makes me feel validated as an artist. I get nervous when things sit around and don't move!

So... now nothing I gots nothing on hand that is not slated for sale until the BIG art show - it's coming in. The 2014 art show at: La Luz de Jesus Gallery, the birthplace of Low -Brow Art, in Los Angeles - huge thank you to gallery owner and the art movement's father, Billy Shire!!
Big ALOHA!

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-01-21 21:13 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-01-21 21:15 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-01-21 21:16 ]

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!

Some art patrons on vacation from the mainland to the Big Island got a signed Tiger Shark Surfing" Skate Deck!
Big Mahalo Martin & Lisa! We had a blast hanging out with you the last couple of days~ safe journey home!
B~

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
going through some sketch books I found this gem. I know there are those of the tiki tribe who LOVE the pencil drawings...well, this is one that I forgot about...

"Tiki of da' Skulls"
original pencil on paper
$50.00 USD
$5 S&H
I take pay pal ...
Personal message me. First come first gets the original drawing!
ALOHA!

T
teaKEY posted on Sun, Feb 3, 2013 6:57 PM

You the Man Brad. I love that tiki above. This is like the worst month for me with money but total worth every penny.

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
Seems like that was popular, however I dug through my sketch book and found even better pieces for the folks who asked to purchase the skull eyed tiki sketch, so I sold a bunch of sketches but... this one's still up for grabs!

Original Pencil Sketch
$50
plus $5 S&H to the Mainland
ALOHA and Mahalo~

HT

Forget the sketch, I wanna make that into a mug!!!!!

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

"Tiki VS Godzilla"
24" x 30"
Original Acrylic on Canvas
by Brad "Tiki-Shark" Parker

Hey,know what? There is a big summer block-buster movie coming out called "Pacific Rim" by my favorite director Guillermo del Toro. It's about giant monsters rising out of the Pacific Ocean and being fought off by Giant Robots -But, hey, Why wait till summer? Here's the swanky TIKI-Culture version of that!

When Everyone's favorite Pacific-Ocean-Atomic-bomb-testing-Radioactive-kaiju-super-sized-lizard "Godzilla" threatens true paradise on earth: Hawaii, who can save us but... "TIKI" - the Guardian of Waikiki and swanky Polynesian-pop culture!

Enjoy this truly epic battle via an original piece of Brad "Tiki-Shark" Parker Tiki-Art ...in your very own Home Tiki-Bar!!

$3,500.00 Plus S&H
That's right, it's not the price you'd pay for this painting in an Art Gallery (imagine about double to triple the $) - this is the "Tiki-Central Special Price" only available right here- direct from the Tiki-Shark art Studio!
I take pay pal
Personal message me
There is only one original, so it's first come first serve.

Big Mahalo and ALOHA!
B P ~

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-02-05 20:45 ]

[ Edited by: tiki shark art 2013-02-05 22:06 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
So...check out the Pacific Rim Movie Trailer....
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/pacificrim/
B~

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker
"Brad Parker creates lurid paintings that pull in influences from tiki, comics, and rock."

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-02-06 20:04 ]

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
I have been asked to open up my sketch books and let the rough sketches and studies for paintings go up for public consumption. Hey, better on the walls of your home tiki bar then in the pages of an old forgotten sketch book. Some sketches that are still waiting to become paintings I am keeping for now, but some others are ready to go out into the world. Some tiki tribe folks have told me the sketches have become their favorite parts of their collections...so, gosh, I am thrilled to spread some Tiki Art to da' Tiki Tribe!

It's all fine and Good to have big ol' swanky acrylic paintings for thousands of dollars and beautiful giclee art prints on canvas or paper for hundreds of dollars, but what about the raw art that no one usually sees?
The sketches?! - lets say that they go for about $50 a pop?
Well... lets take a look and see what we got tonight?

This is a great little sketch that became the painting "Mister Mai Tai"!
$50 plus $5 S&H to the mainland, $10 for overseas.
I take pay pal.
If you dig it, please personal message me. There is only one, so first come first serve...
Big Mahalo and Big ALOHA!
BP~

If it is still available, I'll gladly unleash PayPal and take it off your hands. You had me at hibiscus-shaped clouds and I could always stand a bit more lurid-ness about the house.

On 2013-02-07 05:05, Professor G wrote:
If it is still available, I'll gladly unleash PayPal and take it off your hands. You had me at hibiscus-shaped clouds and I could always stand a bit more lurid-ness about the house.

SOLD!

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

"The Body Glove Sea Creature"
24" x 30"
acrylic in canvas
(for price contact info @tikishark.com)

Here's a closer look at the main feature - the creature!

giclee prints on canvas and paper will be up for sale quickly through me or
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037

this painting was inspired by a short surf film by Greg Browning at Body Glove you can see that here:
http://surf.transworld.net/1000151561/videos/imaginarium-body-gloves-the-disappearance/
It then in turn inspired a set of three tiki mugs - that will be made by tiki farm and out later this year.
Then, giclee #1 of 10 is already spoken for and set to hang in the Body Glove HQ. (maybe in Greg's office?)
Then there's gonna be a larger film project - much being talked about and might already be in the works, (still kinda of hush -hush, but I think it's almost done!)
A big mug and movie release party next Oct here in Kailua Kona Hawaii with the director , the owners of Body Glove and Scott Smith (the creature)
plus a special limited edition print to the first 100 mug sets sold.
The original will hang in my 2014 Summer art show at La Luz De Jesus Gallery" in LA.
There will be canvas giclee prints, paper giclee prints...

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-03-07 13:38 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

Acrylic on canvas, 24" x 30"
... is SOLD! (within 24 hours of offering) And, I'm happy to say it's going to one of my very favorite and best, long-time, art-patrons & supporters of my work, -and thus into one of the best and most impressive "low-brow" Pop-surreal "Tiki-Art" collections on the West Coast.
Big Thanks and ALOHA and MAHALO to you - (you know who you are) - my first, and long-time, art-patron, who saw that my art was worth purchasing at considerable $$... thus giving me the ability to devote more time to making Tiki-Art! And, now I know it's not going not storage, but is going to be hung in one of my very favorite places I think my art can be hung! Really, this is wonderful, fantastic news, and makes me happy! Perhaps even makes me think I am doing the "right" thing with my life" - that I chose this artist's path... even with all it's rocky uncertain, scary as heck parts, these moments make it worth while!

However, for now, the original painting will stay carefully hung in my swank pad here in Hawaii until it's big public reveal/display at my art show at the world famous "La Luz de Jesus Gallery" in Los Angeles the summer 2014.

A professional scanning will be taken of the original painting and it'll become high end giclees for sale on canvas and paper at:
the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037
Email – [email protected],

The art will also (i hope) become part of the promotion of a new line quick drying surf wear from Body Glove, called "Amphibious"! So, it'll be on board shorts, shirts and who knows all what else.

The painting is the inspiration for a "3 tiki-mug set" coming from Tiki Farm later this year.

The painting itself was inspired by the short surf/monster award winning film made by Greg Browning & John DeTemple & Scott Smith; (who plays the creature) of Body Glove. See the 7 minute film here: "The Disappearance". http://surf.transworld.net/1000151561/videos/imaginarium-body-gloves-the-disappearance/

"The disappearance" short film later went on to win other film fests awards, and Scott has made several appearances as the Creature.

We are planning a big "Tiki-Mug release event on October 24th, here in Kailua-Kona Hawaii. Where we'll have the film makers, plus Scott in full creature suit, a limited edition event poster, and - perhaps - the premier of a full length feature of the Body Glove film "The Disappearance"! Ya' See, it was so well received, that Hollywood stepped up and worked with Greg Browning to make this short into a real deal Film! Just might happen, and just might make it's first showing at this event.

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-03-12 00:00 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-03-12 19:03 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Hey Lookie! A ship came in to a port up on the north side of the island, I grabbed a friend's pick-up truck and drove up and "picked - up a few boxes of my new 2014 TIKI art calendar!

Here's how they look!

And there's stuff on the Back Too!

I'm gonna sell 'em, SIGNED!
Any one interested? Personal Message Me..please...

ALOHA!

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
After finishing up my last painting, I have this pencil and acrylic wash sketch.
It's a tad rumpled, but has lots of expression.

"Tiki on da' Beach"
8.5" x 11"
$100.00
Plis $10 S & H
I take pay pal

There's only one. So first one who personal messages me gets it.

my pay pal reg e-mail is [email protected]

Aloha!

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-04-02 20:59 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

"Tiki on the Beach"
pencil and acrylic wash study has SOLD.
Thank you everyone for asking. This was a very popular image - Wow - I may have to do more like this little guy. Big BIG mahalo for all the aloha and support!
BP~

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Many of my tiki brothers & sisters have asked about art prints, they can be purchased through...

75-5770 Alii Dr
Kailua Kona, Hawaii 96740-1782
USA
Phone – (808) 334-0037
or

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Hey, look who made the cover of the "Big Island Guide"!

It's "Beyond the Reef".
It goes with an ad inside for the
Wyland Kona Ocean Front Gallery
75-5770 Alii Dr
Kailua Kona, Hawaii 96740-1782
USA
Phone – (808) 334-0037
or
Big MAHALO to gallery owner Mark Hanna and all the great artzy & swanky folks at the Wyland gallery!
Aloha~
BP

aloha tiki tribe!
I'm working on a commissioned painting. and have done a pencil study that I'll now put up for sale - instead of shelling out a few thousand coconuts for an original piece of Tiki-Shark art, here's an original pencila stud for much less.

"Two Tiki's
Pencil study
$100.00

I take pay pal. There's only one, so first come first serve. Personal message me.
Big Aloha!
Brad Tiki-Shark Parker

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
BODY GLOVE 60 year Anniversary / Sea Creature Tiki-Mug set release party!
Oct 24th & 25th. 2013-
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii!! - yeah, the live active volcanic island paradise ruled by Madam Pele way out here in the middle of the mighty Blue Pacific! TIKI -rific!
First night is at the Royal Kona Resort, 2nd night is at the Wyland Kona Ocean Front Gallery (and is our 2nd annual "Hawaii-Ween! Event!" there)
The mugs ...

#1 The Body Glove 60 year Anniversary Mug

#2 The "Shark-Tiki" tiki mug

and #3 "The Body Glove Sea Creature!"
All the mugs were based on designs by Brad Tiki-Shark Parker, and are based on his "Tiki Art" painting

Acrylic on canvas
24" x 30"
Art prints will be for sale, as well as a ALL new collectible limited edition special "Event poster" -something to get autographed at this unique event, by the Owners of Body Glove, by Me: The Artist, Get photos with the Sea Creature Itself!, maybe the live music of Henry Kopono, and even Dog the Bounty Hunter (we're still working out details with local clebs.) ...and perhaps a red carpet screening of a full length feature of "The Disappearance!" Yep! It's also the big 2nd Annual "Hawaii-Ween" shin-dig: "The Kreatre Komes to Kona!"

The Painting was inspired by the Body Glove short surf film "The Disappearance"

OR....If you want to pre-order the mug sets, or an limited edition art print please contact:
You can find them here:
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037
Email – jillW@Wyland BigIsland
ALOHA!

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-04-23 03:14 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

This is a dream project. Talk about "Enjoying the journey" Everything about this was fun so far. I just sat down and decided I was going to make the Tiki-Mugs I always wanted to have. So far, with the help of some great people at Tiki Farm, and my agent, and the Royal Kona Resort, and the Wyland Kona Ocean Front Gallery, the Tiki-Mugs are even better than I was hoping for.

This is the 60th year anniversary of surf brand Body Glove - So I designed a Tiki-Mug to honor that lifetime of good California surfing history!

Body Glove also won first place in a surf film contest when Greg Browning, Body Glove's pro-surfer turned film maker, made a short film called "The Disappearance" about a surf team looking for the perfect wave, but find a sea creature instead.

Then I made one more - "The Shark-Tiki" tiki-mug to make a limited edition set of 3. They will be for sale at this link: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=42660&forum=4&start=30&33

Limited edition my tiki brothers and sisters so.... they are going fast! If you want to preorder, do it, do it here:
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037
Email – jillW@Wyland BigIsland
ALOHA!

aloha tiki tribe!
Here's the next look see at the Body Glove Tiki Mug set. Colors and glazes worked up by TIKI FARM (THANKS HOLDEN!).. or at least two of the the 3... the last one is the SEA CREATURE!

....If you want to pre-order the mug sets, or an limited edition art print please contact:
You can find them here:
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037
Email – jillW@WylandBigIsland

Check out the release party in October! http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=42660&forum=4&start=30&31
ALOHA

Great to see all yr detailing

Pages: 1 34 replies