Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tonga Hut: Monsters & Mai Tais Halloween art show, parking lot sale & MUG RELEASE! Sunday Oct. 28

Pages: 1 34 replies

T

OCTOBER 28th (SUNDAY)
MONSTERS AND MAI TAIS HALLOWEEN ART SHOW AND PARKING LOT SALE!!!

Just Added to the festivities: MUG RELEASE for Tonga Hut Coconut mugs... limited quantities available, be sure to grab one early!

Also, costumes are encouraged at this event!

Tonga Hut will open early at 2pm with vendors selling their wares at the same time as well.

Vendors will pack up at sundown, but the art show and festivities will continue inside into the night!

Taco Lady will be there to satisfy your hungry bellies.

Here is a list of artists and/or vendors for the event so far:

Amber Skowronski
Amy Swenson
Crazy Al
Bearded Bastard
Billy Crooks
Eric October
Johnnie Velour
Jonathan Morrill
Kirby
Krisdrama
MP
Scott Mabbutt
Tiki Thomas
Tiki Al

Attention Artists and Vendors

Anyone interested in vending or having a piece in the show should either PM tobunga aka Eric October or email him at: [email protected]

Vending
Fee is 25.00
Spaces are limited, so please contact Eric asap if you want a spot!

Art Show
Since this is the first time since the remodel that artwork will be on display inside, and because we're trying out a new way to display the work, we're only able to show wall-hanging pieces.

It's a Halloween-themed show in a tiki bar, so think tikis, monsters, pumpkins, Day of the Dead and stuff like that!

There will be a vote and a prize awarded for "Beast in Show"

So, please let Eric know if you're interested in having work in the art show asap... again, space is limited, so try to keep your monstrous creations at a moderate size!

http://ericoctober.com

[ Edited by: tobunga 2012-10-21 11:16 ]

[ Edited by: tobunga 2012-10-21 22:43 ]

[ Edited by: tobunga 2012-10-24 07:30 ]

JB

that looks awesome.

Jeff(btd)

Cooking up some Tiki/Halloween themed goodies for the show! Photos to follow!

T

Hey Jeff!

That's Scott's Halloween book, Halloway's Eve... I will have copies available at my booth at the parking lot sale.

Chris, can't wait to see what you're brewing!

I'm working on some vintage halloween inspired pieces, here's the first one:

Show update coming soon!

T

Here's an in progress pic of a punkin bowl with a ghostly fire chamber!

T

Artist/Vendor list updated... come check out the work of:

Amber Skowronski
Amy Swenson
Crazy Al
Bearded Bastard
Billy Crooks
Eric October
Johnnie Velour
Jonathan Morrill
Krisdrama
MP
Scott Mabbutt
Tiki Thomas
Tiki Al

Mahalos!

http://ericoctober.com

[ Edited by: tobunga 2012-10-21 11:15 ]

TH

Hi All, just an update, We will be releasing the Coconut Mugs made by Eric October for the Tonga Hut! We have a limited suppy so come and get it at the moster's and Mai Tai Show!

Tonga Hut

Great mugs Eric..those are sure to sell out!

T

Mahalos Sandy!

Here's a couple more Punkin Head mugs for the sale!

Are those Pumpcorn mugs? :)

Is anyone willing to grab one of those coconut mugs for me, please? I'll be at Don's on Monday & at Tonga Hut next Sunday.
Mahalo,
Rick

T

Aloha everybody!

Monsters & Mai Tais is almost upon us!

Here's a peek at what I'll be vending:

The Punkinhead pieces I've had in the works:

Islander bucket mug

Islander mug

Islander platter

I'll also have copies of Tiki By Moonlight, featuring the Islander on the cover...
I've created a special version of the Islander pendant, ceramic with a black wash glaze.
Buy a book, get a pendant!

And I discovered a stash of Islander bamboo from Abstractiki...
The pieces are about 5' long, enough to use to frame one of my Islander prints.
Buy a print, get some bamboo!

And also...
A Tiki Bob entrance mug

See everybody Sunday!

T

Here's a peek at my pieces for the art show... see everybody tomorrow!

TT

Oh yeah, these will be available too.

[ Edited by: Tonga Tom 2012-10-27 15:57 ]

T

Just a few hours to go until Monsters, Mai Tais, Mugs and more! C'mon down!

Yikes! I should be on the road and not on TC!

See everyone there.

kevin

T

WOW!!! What a monstrous event! Mahalos to everyone who came out to support the artists and the Hut!

Mahalos to the artists and vendors who participated in the event and made it so indescribably incredible! I was running around like a maniac, but I definitely got a chance to check out all the mind blowing work from a very talented group of people! (congrats to the Bearded Bastard for winning Beast in Show!)

Lotsa Mahalos to DJ Marty Lush for providing a spooky soundscape of the event (and to Tonga Tom for the earlier eerie earful in the parking lot)

Big Mahalos to Jeremy and Amy for having the coolest tiki bar on the planet, and Marie for her expert, non-stop mixology madness!

And an extra special Mahalo to Manuel, who kept me on track getting the event organized and up and running!

Hopefully people will post pics from the event!

JB

Deeeelightful!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Oct 29, 2012 1:03 PM

Congratulations all involved on a successful event. Poor Marie was working her ass off pouring drinks!

Congratulations on putting together a great show Eric. Lots of fun was had all afternoon. And evening. There as a a lot of great art on display, the place was packed, and the drinks flowing. We picked up some new ceramics from the vendors as well. Rum jug!

Thanks to Tom and Marty Lush for the tunes, Amy and Jeremy for hosting, and Marie for working tirelessly behind the bar!

Kevin

MM

Thank you, Marie!

TT

Great job everyone!!!
Here's some pics for those who missed and those who can't remember.
Starting off with some vending pics...

TT

And, more vending pics...

Now, let's go into the Hut...

Those pics are awesome! Sad to have missed out on it. Anyone know if those moa mugs are still available?

Sorry, all the mugs sold out, but more will be made!
Here's some more photos of Sunday night's festivities...

EJ

Looks like a whole bunch of fun was had by all. Can anyone tell me who made the shrunken head in the photos up above? Thanks.

G
GROG posted on Wed, Oct 31, 2012 12:29 PM

The shrunken head (upper left in pic) was made by Jake The Bearded Bastard (in 2nd pic). It won "Beast in show" and is still for sale as far as GROG know.

EJ

Thank you very much for the info Grog. Jake if you see this before I can contact you please PM me. Thanks.

[ Edited by: El Jefe 2012-10-31 12:54 ]

TT

New page, more photos...

Hey, Tom Thanks for that thing you do! (Photo Madness extraordinaire)
Can you post some highlights from Murph's, in particular Grog's nightmare clown
Thanks from the shooting galley :)

TT

Thanks ATP!
Murph's is next on my list.

Here's the rest of the MT&M photos...

And oh, there were some new ceramics purchased that are being put through their paces.

kevin

Super photos sorry we missed the party. Eric you make a very cool shrunken head. Wendy

Pages: 1 34 replies