Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Tourist promotion in Hawaii

Pages: 1 16 replies

Hey All, a friend of mine in Hawaii is doing some sort of Tiki Tourist promotion with one of my Bottle Opener Tikis traveling around the island and getting photographed doing the tourist thing.
Check it out on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/TikiTouristHawaii#

Cheers- Jason - Smokin' Tikis

TE

LOL yeah that is cool indeed get a little sight seeing tour picture at a time.

Aloha,

That would be Jean of Enoa Tours... Funny how a book can inspire...

O

Ok Phil, yes its me, and you get some of the credit! You'll have to take Tiki Tourist on one of your tours so he can visit some of his relatives. He's been having a lot of fun, meeting lots of people, and is turning into quite the little party animal. In addition to facebook, he has his own twitter account (tikitourist) and tweets daily. This is a social media project, so the little dude hopes many people want to follow his vacation. Heres a few more of his photos.

That Tiki is living it up.

That is the cutest thing ever!!!!

Love it!

I won't say which picture is my favorite :blush:

Mad Dog Mike started this idea many years ago.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=35612&forum=1&hilite=wild ride

DC

DZ

Actually, Tikifish started this idea long before MDM, waaaaaay back in 2003, featuring the venerable 'Shecky' Mug!

The Adventures of Shecky, the Green Globetrotter

In 2003, I took my Shecky all over the UK, Scotland & Ireland and took plenty of pix (Shecky at Loch Ness, Shecky at Buckingham Palace, Shecky 'kissing' the Blarney Stone, etc), but never posted them to the thread. I'll hafta see if I can find them and resurrect the "original" idea!

O

Even though many people have done this quite uniquely, I got the idea from the fad of "gnome kidnappings" that happened in Europe in the 70's. (which is why Travelocity has a traveling gnome.) College kids used to kidnap peoples garden gnomes, leave a ransom note, then take the gnome on a trip, taking polaroids and mailing them back to the gnome owners, also sending postcards from the gnomes. At some point the gnome would show back up in his garden with souvenirs of his trip. I think this is also where "flat stanley" come from, for those of you who have had 3rd graders lately.
Our little tiki has a job to do, helping to promote Oahu tourism. The challenge with him, is that he is not content to simply just "pose" at various places. He insists on being a participant.
you can see the rest of his snorkeling pictures on facebook and twitter (twitter a little later today, but facebook snorkeling is up now.)
He also has a website with articles about his travels coming soon!

O

Just wanted to share some more pictures - little dude went to a picnic at Ala Moana Park - and got to play with a bunch of kids in a bouncy castle...

Tiki taken to new heights!

That Tiki is living the life!

And have you noticed in EVERY picture he has a nice big smile on his face!!! Awesome.. :wink:

I think he needs to meet up with Mr.Tiki.... Now that would be a PARTY!! :wink:

O

If Mr Tiki would like to come visit Tiki Tourist, he would be happy to show him around. He's becoming quite the Hawaii Tour Guide!

Here's a link to Tiki Tourist's Sky Dive video that I just posted on you tube. The rest of his photos are on his facebook page.

http://youtu.be/Csa7RDe-Qy0

N

Excellent idea to promote Tourism - love that tiki.

Pages: 1 16 replies