Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Another retro item you need!

Pages: 1 4 replies

http://www.jakkstvgames.com/

I found the Atari model at Target for $20, and it has that same Atari 2600 joystick feel we all remember from 1981..... :lol:

--cindy

These are very cool. I have had the Atari unit for 6 months and it get more play than I thought it would. As a video game artist it is very humbling how engaging those old games can be with such crappy (or nearly non-existant) artwork.

S

Believe it or not, I still have my Pong game! I also have my Atari, my Commodore Vic 20, the original Star Wars Light Saber (flashlight with plastic tube and colored discs for which my parents paid large cash) and my Lost in Space Robot and a host of other scifi-techno retro items. No, I was not a geek child - not me!

J

You know I've pulled the Atari 2600 out and hooked it up a couple times just for nostalgia's sake and I have to tell you...Atari sucks!!! I don't know what the hell I liked about wasting my time with that shit! I know Atari was a serious technological advance for its time but it hasn't aged well. I actually find the "music" and "sound effects" on the games extremely grating. If I ever go berserk, rob a bank and take some hostages all the cops have to do is crank up Atari 2600's Pac-Man and I'll come out running! I haven't even mentioned the graphics - who remembers Baseball for Atari? The only game I found remotely engaging was Pitfall but I had to play it with the volume down. Besides, Activision made Pitfall and they always had the top-notch games anyway! Also, while we're on the topic, did anyone ever figure out that stupid ass E.T. game? That was such a complete waste of time! We should think about starting a class action lawsuit against Atari - I think we should be compensated financially for all the time we wasted! :wink:

I used to love Atari! I remember playing Frogger at my friend's house on the Atari for hours!

All hail the freaky tiki!

[ Edited by: CruzinTiki on 2003-07-02 23:10 ]

Pages: 1 4 replies