Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

New Les Baxter! Black Sabbath and Comedy of Terrors

Pages: 1 7 replies

http://store.intrada.com

Comedy of Terrors is a little goofy for my taste; I'm not typically into comedy scores.

Black Sabbath, however, is a must-have!

[ Edited by: OnyaBirri 2012-10-15 18:12 ]

Once again, thanks for keeping us informed!

T

On 2012-10-16 01:25, Quiet Village Idiot wrote:
Once again, thanks for keeping us informed!

Yes! Thanks!

Just ordered!! :)

Thanks for the heads-up Drew!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

My pleasure! Did you guys check out the samples? Black Sabbath is prime Les Baxter in his gothic/macabre mode, with some jazzy elements in the second featurette. It's too bad the AIP versions of those Bava films are not on DVD. It would be great to get blu-ray versions with the Italian and AIP versions included. In addition to the music being different, the editing and in some cases the plots vary between the two.

T

On 2012-10-16 10:23, OnyaBirri wrote:
My pleasure! Did you guys check out the samples? Black Sabbath is prime Les Baxter in his gothic/macabre mode, with some jazzy elements in the second featurette. It's too bad the AIP versions of those Bava films are not on DVD. It would be great to get blu-ray versions with the Italian and AIP versions included. In addition to the music being different, the editing and in some cases the plots vary between the two.

I would especially like to get Bora Bora in Blu Ray - with both soundtracks.

Dreamin'...

[ Edited by: tabuzak 2012-10-16 10:48 ]

I didn't check the sound samples but I think I'll go back and check it out. If it's got Les Baxter's name on it I WANT IT!!! Such is the life of a completist!! :)

I agree Drew, I can't understand why they released all those movies with the original Italian score. These are NOT the way people remember them here in the U.S. The least they could have done is put BOTH soundtracks on it. That way people can watch both and compare plus they get the version they are more familiar with. I really want Black Sunday with the Baxter score on DVD or Blu-Ray. All I have is a VHS copy that I taped from a Laserdisc. So you know they have it!!

Yes, Bora Bora would be especially nice!! :)

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Really digging Black Sabbath. Especially like the second segment, which has that nervous angular longhair jazz sound that obsesses me.

Pages: 1 7 replies