Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

I Hate google!

Pages: 1 3 replies

Damn, for 2 months now Google has been listing Tikiroom.com on the 18th page when you search for "tiki". It used to be in the top 10. What's up with that?

T

There's been a flurry of articles recently about the tacit power that Google commands. There was pretty solid evidence that Google searches are actually beginning to influence government policy and world economies.
There's also been a lot of whining and lawsuits regarding exactly the situation you mention. Probably just a matter of time before another engine comes along that falls into favor.
Maybe you aren't sending your "preferred search results position" checks to the right address?

Here's a link to one such article:
http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2003/06/25/google/index.html

Tiki-bot

[ Edited by: tiki-bot on 2003-06-26 17:09 ]

M
Mambo posted on Thu, Jun 26, 2003 7:31 PM

Google has recently been advertising their
new adwords pay per click advertising in
most major magazines and on TV. In this
program you "bid" on search terms to get
number one or close to number one ranking.
It has become very popular because your
listing is immediate after paying a specified
deposit. So if someone or organization has bid $5.00 per click on "Tiki" they will
be within the top listings if that is
the high bid. The moment someone else bids
$5.01, they are #1.

http://google.com/adwords

Thanks guys:

Tikibot: Yeah, I've read a few of those. The main reason I'm whining though is not because Google ranks the site lowly, but the fact that 2 months ago it was HIGH!, And to have the ranking fluctuate like that just makes no sense. How did I go from #10 to #180 in one month when I DIDN'T CHANGE ANYTHING on the website?!!? I can't attribute that to the 169 sites in front of me all of a sudden becoming more relevant and visited than tikicentral.com.

Mombo: Thanks for the link. AdWords looks pretty neat -- but it looks like it doesn't change your ranking as much as it adds a little ad off to the right side of the page. I'll keep working on it. Perhaps I'll walk over to Google and wait in their lobby until someone will answer my question.

:(

~Hanford

Pages: 1 3 replies