Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Is Trader Vic's coming to your town?

Pages: 1 3 replies

A recent post on TC mentioned that Trader Vic's was returning to San Francisco. I felt inspired to email TV to ask if they had any plans to return to Portland. The reply (below) was intriguing.

Dear Mr. Forsythe:

Thank you very much for your email.

We have made the decision to focus our energy on establishing more locations domestically rather than overseas, especially in markets where we once were.

I know that my boss ( Hans Richter, Pres & CEO ) has talked to people in Portland but as of now there is, unfortunately, nothing happening. But Portland is right at the top of the list for us as a location in which we would like to re-open.

Thanks again, Mr. Forsythe, let's see what the future brings.

Kindest regards,

ERIK CORP OFFICE SAN FRANCISCO

M

Er...Portland is kind of far from Emeryville, but overseas? Not so much. Hmmm...interesting reply.

On 2003-06-26 18:38, mrtikibar wrote:
I know that my boss ( Hans Richter, Pres & CEO ) has talked to people in Portland but as of now there is, unfortunately, nothing happening.

Guys, he answered in typical corporate fashion - he tap danced around the answer - which was NO.

Let me pull out the meat of his response -- "in Portland...there is nothing happening"

The problem is that TV corporate wants some outrageous amount of % from the top and even more to set it up. There fees are way too high for the use of the name and concept. How about Pacific Andy's, cheap very cheap and you can set up anywhere for minimal fee. Fine Tahitian food and drink

Pages: 1 3 replies