Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Interested in helping create a web site for finding drinks and cocktail recipes?

Pages: 1 8 replies

Hi! We're creating a new website to help people make mixed drinks at home and we need a bit of help with a study we're doing.

Whether you're a complete beginner, an enthusiastic amateur or well on your way to becoming a professional bartender we'd love your help!

If you have 20 minutes to spare, please give this a go:

http://bit.ly/VDg5MM

This is a "card sorting" exercise to help us understand how best to group the content on the site.

You'll be asked to put different drinks-related items into groups that make sense to you. Just follow the instructions on that page. It's really easy to do, and might even be a little bit fun! :)

Thanks to everyone who volunteers to help out!

• Danny

P.S. Hurry - it's only going to be open until Monday 29th October.

S

I tried. It made no sense. All the stuff was so fluffy and superficial, I didn't want to do any more anyway.

Most of the mixologists here are light years beyond what you seem to be doing.

Grogalizer

I agree with Swanky - there are some bizarre things that don't make a whole lotta sense in that card sorting exercise, and also that most of us here are way beyond basic cocktail mixology. But I did it, and it wasn't too painful... heh!

I would encourage you to actively lead people in the direction of quality cocktail mixology, to take up the cause of encouraging and supporting classic and craft cocktail mixology. We already have more than enough chocolate-raspberry-whatever-is-sweet-and-on-hand martinis...

I concur with everybody so far. I ended up with most things in two big categories: "Things you should never do" and "Everything Else"

Agreed. Found it tedious and frustrating. And, based on the apparent recipes, didn't seem worth the effort. Quit half way through, but then I've always been a quitter...

I always advocate quitting... followed by immediately reaching for a GOOD cocktail.

On 2012-10-24 06:14, CocktailDanny wrote:
This is a "card sorting" exercise to help us understand how best to group the content on the site.

Two things:

1. So the content has already been pre-determined and now it's just about how to group that content on the web site? The cards I had to sort were pretty lame with relatively few exceptions.

2. The funny thing about card-sorting exercises is that the results can be damn hard to compile and "score," interpret, etc. This alone would drive anyone to drink. Therefore I encourage it. In fact, I'm drinking right now... Cheers!

I concur.....

I like that you can set your own category headings. I ended up with about 8 catagories including "Random $hit the Doesn't Belong" and "Random $hit that Does Belong"

Pages: 1 8 replies