Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Las Vegas Tiki Chop

Pages: 1 15 replies

I've been carving lately and thought it would be fun to get together and have a chop, enjoy some adult beverages and talk tiki. I'm wondering if there is any interest in getting together in Las Vegas. Date TBD. I am willing to host but I have a limited set of chisels and power tools. I know there are a few of us in Vegas that like to carve tikis.

Aloha,

Wade

[ Edited by: Trailerpark Tiki 2012-10-24 19:16 ]

Im in...

I thought you would be. I think Mr. Smiley and Wipson Chaynes (Mike) would also be interested. Billy the Crud may also want to come. I was thinking late November or early December.

M

Early December could work. I am busy around Thanksgiving.

P

no sundays and i'm in.

Count me in, fer sure!

Wipson

It sounds like we have enough people for a chop. We're looking at early December on a Saturday.

Billy the Crud says he is interested too but he lost his TC password. So, can everyone can make the first Saturday in December?

That's Frankie's Tiki Room 4th anny party :)

This years mug is gonna be good!

And the artist showing up even better!!!!!!

Dec. 1

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Fun for you!
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

[ Edited by: revbambooben 2012-10-29 19:10 ]

Thanks, Ben. I don't know if its a good plan to have a meetup on that day and then go to Frankies or make it a different day. There might be a lot of Socal folks in town that may want to come over to socialize and talk tiki at my tiki lounge during the daylight hours. I definitely want to go to Frankies because I had a great time when Benzart came out.

Dec 1 would be awesome
(I never have Saturdays off, but that day I'm off)
And a Frankie's party on the same day
Sweet...

I'd be into making the drive from SoCal for the chop during the day and Frankie's the same evening! 8)

So, how about chop at my house from 12-6, then everyone can get cleaned up and meet up at Frankies? December 1?

Thinking maybe this thread would be more appropriate under "other events"? Looking for new wood and sharpening my my carving knives as we speak. PM me with an address.

On 2012-11-03 12:06, whoseyrtiki wrote:
Thinking maybe this thread would be more appropriate under "other events"? Looking for new wood and sharpening my my carving knives as we speak. PM me with an address.

Agreed. I will repost under events and set a date.

I have posted a related thread on Tiki Events. Please check there if you are interested in the Las Vegas Chop on December 1!

Pages: 1 15 replies