Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

What do you think? Quinntiki's original watercolors of tiki mugs

Pages: 1 6 replies

Q

I'm finally getting up the courage to share some of my tiki watercolors with you. I've been excited to share them with friends and family, but nervous about sharing them with such a discerning tiki-enthusiast crowd!

They are all original watercolor paintings. I have had a ton of fun choosing and painting different mugs.

I know this is a pretty common mug, but before I got really into collecting, I started giving the mugs names. This little guy is Earl:

Naturally, this bigger, similarly tan one is Earl Senior:

I opened a shop on Etsy to sell high quality matted prints of the watercolors, greeting cards, and what I'm calling Quinntiki trading cards.

This is a coupe glass from my grandma's childhood:

And I'll leave you with a suffering bastard:

I haven't made many sales (two, to be exact), but I'm having fun and that's what counts!

Quinn, I like 'em. I think you'll find people here pretty accepting and encouraging. All that nervousness for nuthin' :)

They're nicely done, Quinn. Have you posted them up in Marketplace?

Nicely done Quinntiki. I especially like the colors on The Book of Tiki mug. Keep posting so we can enjoy all that you do, Wendy

Very nice Quinn, I like 'em too!

Water colors are a medium I have always struggled with my whole life, so you get extra props from me!

Good luck with sales, and please continue adding to the collection!

S

Nothing to be nervous about at all, they look great, especially the Book Of Tiki one.

I'm with Lake Surfer. The few times i've painted with water colours i've never enjoyed it because i've never felt in control, so props to you.

Nice stuff! Watercolor is a very unforgiving medium, you do a great job of utilizing it. :)

Pages: 1 6 replies